Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just to Say HEY!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Been going thru withdrals since selling Punkin. Almost bought another teener but the flash of (reality) why I sold'm in the first place smacked me up side da haid just in time chair.gif

I bought me something I know will start when I want it to and won't leave me calling for a tow truck like the last 4 times in the last year did.

It is a 95 Merlot. Only 3500 made and has 28,000 miles. Drives like a dream and the best thing... my wife likes it beer.gif

This Sunday is AX & I can't wait to see how it performs.
Sticky Yokos combined with sway bars, LSD, after market air induction and performance exhaust. 130+ hP too!

Ya, it's from the rice country but so's my truck & the Subie driving.gif

WTH beer.gif

.........b

Joe Bob
Does it come in a masculine model? dry.gif
Aaron Cox
where will you put your purse when you drive it??
laugh.gif dry.gif

welcome back biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Nice of you drop in!

Got the shakes, huh? unsure.gif

When I sold my unreliable first 914, I couldn't help thinking non-stop and shopping for another until I have my current ( and very reliable ) one.

You'll either buy another or always think about them.
Just the way it is...It'sike a curse. huh.gif

Come again.

KT
watsonrx13
Bruce, great choice of reliable transportation, and a very limited version. I owned a '72 914 that I used as a DT when I decided I needed more reiability and A/C here in central FL. Anyway, I bought a new '95 Miata... The '72 was totaled 1 year later... I drove the Miata for 5 years before I decided to get another teener. I purchased a '74 parts car, then a project '74. The Miata never let me down. I sold it last year after 9 yrs and 215,000+ miles. I purchased an '04 and I have been able to continue restoring the '74. I guess only in CA is the Miata considered a 'girlie' car. Anyway, enjoy your new SPORTS CAR...
SpecialK
QUOTE (watsonrx13 @ Sep 5 2005, 05:17 PM)
....I guess only in CA is the Miata considered a 'girlie' car.

Nah, pretty much a sissy car here too. driving-girl.gif

biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Ate on on Saturday... Didn't even use 4th gear.
reverie
Now show us pics of the real thang, Bruce.. cool_shades.gif

redshift
WUSSIE ASSED BRAD-ALIKE! mad.gif finger.gif

Great to see you Brooce, and overjoyed that *you are happy. (*und der vife!)

I was just chatting earlier with Felix, about how those door windows won't help the Neo Teener... so, I guess you won't have to mail one to him for a test fit. laugh.gif

Keep that pretentious, modern, comfortable, dependable, uhh... huh.gif , pretty... blink.gif piece of ...

ohmy.gif

I like that one...

pinch.gif NoooooooooOOoooo!

M
redshift
QUOTE (reverie @ Sep 5 2005, 08:42 PM)
Now show us pics of the real thang, Bruce..  :shades:

ROFLMAO!

I got these from www.google.closeup.sat.com

Bruces car:

user posted image

user posted image

Bruce... seems to be a Canadian name? unsure.gif
Joe Bob
Hmmmm, no cupholder.... dry.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Sep 5 2005, 06:10 PM)

Do too! two of'm.

Y'all jes'wait till the supercharger goes in then watch how fast this thang will wrap itself 'round a tree alfred.gif

I figured I'd git shit but I kin take it. flipa.gif (i think) beer.gif

......b
Howard
Good to have you back. Can I have your jack stands? wacko.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Sep 5 2005, 07:48 PM)

Do too! two of'm.

Y'all jes'wait till the supercharger goes in then watch how fast this thang will wrap itself 'round a tree alfred.gif

I figured I'd git shit but I kin take it. flipa.gif (i think) beer.gif

......b

Where? Did the cupholders replace the balls????? w00t.gif
Porsche Rescue
Hey you guys, don't get him all riled up. SOB will beat me with that Miata and then I'll have to get one too!
Seagrave
A car's a car. Later, he'll get another 914 just on accounta' they're cool but for now, let him enjoy a trouble free, rattle free, and, most importantly, rust free sports car.
Bruce Allert
SEEMORE BUTZ Posted on Sep 5 2005, 08:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Sep 5 2005, 07:48 PM)
Hmmmm, no cupholder....  

Do too! two of'm.

Y'all jes'wait till the supercharger goes in then watch how fast this thang will wrap itself 'round a tree  

I figured I'd git shit but I kin take it.  (i think)  

......b  

Where? Did the cupholders replace the balls?????  

clap.gif ROFLMAO chairfall.gif

Porsche Rescue Posted on Sep 5 2005, 09:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey you guys, don't get him all riled up. SOB will beat me with that Miata and then I'll have to get one too!  

I wouldn't stand a chance against yer 6 with this stock 1.8 James but when the "Charger" gets put on I'll have 150+ Hp at the rear wheels burnout.gif

See ya on Sunday

.......b

Elliot_Cannon
Every time my wife sees a Miata she says, "isn't that the CUTEST little car?" wub.gif And I say, "yes dear." Hey it's a modern MG Midget. With roll-up windows no less.
Cheers, Elliot
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Elliot Cannon @ Sep 5 2005, 10:57 PM)
Every time my wife sees a Miata she says, "isn't that the CUTEST little car?" wub.gif And I say, "yes dear." Hey it's a modern MG Midget. With roll-up windows no less.
Cheers, Elliot

Well... I had a '64 Midget and those dam'd plastic sliding windows drove me nuts. But it served me well. A pretty good car overall.

Must be why I like the Miata, eh?

If ya haven't driven a Miata, you should. Especially the ones w/o power assit steering.

......b
DNHunt
Damn Bruce I hope I can get down to see ya Sat. If I do I'll be sure to bring some flowers. Just to make amends I could bring Old Smokie, some metal shears and a welder. Then you could get rid of that silly radiator.

Dave
Bruce Allert
Too funny Dave. So, yer thinking on doin the Portland AX this coming Sunday???
I'll see ya there beer.gif

......b
neo914-6
Now that you'll be driving more and not posting about your woes, can I have your sexy avatars? That's all I remember of you. laugh.gif
boxstr
Hey Bruce Congrats. Nothing wrong with a Miata for being reliable. And they are fun to drive. I had one for a short term. I always looked at it like a Lotus Elan I once had.
The Merlot model, they don't have cup holders they have wine glass holders and the shift lever is removable and doubles as a corkscrew.
I wish the Sunset Porsche swap meet didn't coinside with the Autocross, but I can't say no to a swap meet. If you get done before 2pm on Sunday swing out to Sunset and say hello.
CCLINSWAPMEETMANIA
J P Stein
Don't piss off Bruce with this "girlie car" bullshit. There are a couple local CSP Miatas that will wax anyone on this board at AX...cept *maybe* Steve & Andrew. We don't wanna have Bruce talking to these guys laugh.gif
SLITS
Ah yes....Bruce, the Cpl Klinger of the 914 non-club.

Where's the cheese cutting board?
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 6 2005, 03:22 PM)
Ah yes....Bruce, the Cpl Klinger of the 914 non-club.

Where's the cheese cutting board?

I'm laughing my ass off by what I'm thinking I shouldn't say in answer to SLITS biggrin.gif

Oh what the hell rolleyes.gif

The only cheese I cut is what comes outta mah ass w00t.gif

Besides no one's gonna be eat'n anythin in this car! beer3.gif

and JP's right... there's some monster miata's out there doin' AX...

Craig, I'll try to get by Camp before the weeks out.

As for the avatars, I think you got me confused with the guy that has the bouncing boobies & 'splodin heads drunk.gif

..........b
Toast
Does anybody miss Levi's avatars? wink.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 6 2005, 04:55 PM)
Does anybody miss Levi's avatars? wink.gif

Nope......got them all saved! drooley.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 6 2005, 03:33 PM)
Don't piss off Bruce with this "girlie car" bullshit. There are a couple local CSP Miatas that will wax anyone on this board at AX...

Just think what they could do with "real" car biggrin.gif ...............Oh shut up, I'm joking here. I drove a girls bicycle once, and I don't feel like less of a man............anymore! lol2.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.