Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Boxster Purchasing Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LukeD
When buying a Boxster in the low 20k range what should one look for? I have only owned teeners and now I have been asked to go along with a friend to look at some. Just want to make sure he doesn't get robbed so I can drive it on occasion LOL

Luke D
olav

I don't know anything about them but I heard that the first years had not very nice plasitic interior and rms issues.

If you do a rennlist search there probably is a lot of info on this very subject there.
ConeDodger
I would say that most of the RMS and cylinder sleeve issues are over. The Boxster is a really amazing chassis with an underpowered engine in the base model. I own a '99 and I really don't feel the interior is a weak part of the car.
If I were your friend, I would spend a little more and get an earlier S model and get a bit more HP, better brakes etc...
Lots of nice low mileage models for sale right now. I would try to buy from a PCA member or off of Rennlist as you will be getting a car that someone cared enough to know a little about.
Good luck in your search.

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.