Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun in the sun - DE Photos from Vegas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I spent the weekend playing Instructor at the PCA / SCCA Drivers Ed event. We were at the Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Pahrump. A 2.1 mile expansion has been added to the existing 2.2 mile course. We were given the opportunity to do some low speed laps of the new surface at lunch time. The new track will be ready for use at our event next month. I can't wait to try out the banked hairpin turn and the big dip that is sure to bottom out anyone with a stock suspension.
VegasRacer
There was even another 914 that came out to play on Saturday.
VegasRacer
Action
VegasRacer
more
VegasRacer
three
VegasRacer
Bob getting some air
VegasRacer
"As a matter of fact, Yes, I was the one who went off in turn 5, sprayed rocks all over the track and caught the bush on fire. Why do you ask?"
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Sep 6 2005, 05:42 AM)

That 914 reminds me of George Washington's axe:
The handle has been replaced three times, and the axe head has been replaced once, but its still "Washington's Axe."

Is there any 914 left in that car?

Zach
VegasRacer
I was expecting to see Scott from Renegade Hybrids out with his fast orange conversion. Instead, he was there with the Subie powered 928 in the background of the previous picture. He said that his 914 has been sold to someone in the Bay area.
VegasRacer
More from the pits
VegasRacer
What NOT to do at a Drivers Ed event.
VegasRacer
Manditory Elvira picture hijacked from a photographers web site.
VegasRacer
I asked these pit chicks "What is the best Porsche?" 9 - 1 - 4
VegasRacer
I don't want to bore you with to many more pictures of Twin Turbos, GT3's, Carreras, Boxsters, Benz's, Cobras, Vettes, BMW's, Toyota's, Honda's and other assorted rice.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Sep 6 2005, 05:53 AM)
What NOT to do at a Drivers Ed event.

Umm, ouch.
URY914
QUOTE (Vacca Rabite @ Sep 6 2005, 05:49 AM)

That 914 reminds me of George Washington's axe:
The handle has been replaced three times, and the axe head has been replaced once, but its still "Washington's Axe."

Is there any 914 left in that car?

Zach

I still have the serial number on my car wink.gif
Dave_Darling

I know that car!! Newlin's old #22! Had the absolute bare minimum amount of original 914 chassis in it to qualify as a 914 for GGR's autoX and time trial rules. The rest of it is tubes and 'glass. He was an absolute fanatic about weight reduction; last I heard he had it down to under 1400 lbs. I think the dry weight was something like 1300!! That was with the four-banger, though. (Fours are lighter than Sixes, remember?)

Looks like it's had a Big Six stuck in it since. I bet it still goes like stink! I wonder if it is always breaking, though? Generally there were two possibilities when Bill ran that car--TToD, or mechanical DNF.

--DD
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Sep 6 2005, 05:51 AM)
I was expecting to see Scott from Renegade Hybrids out with his fast orange conversion. Instead, he was there with the Subie powered 928 in the background of the previous picture. He said that his 914 has been sold to someone in the Bay area.

Scott has sold the Orange Car confused24.gif

The 928 in the back ground Is Mike from Renegades. It has a mild 350 in it, not a scooby motor, there is a 914 w/ a scooby running around Vegas though aktion035.gif

Is Elvira the car that was for sale @ Carls Place for a while? I saw it at the Track, and WOW, that car is CLEAN. Very nice.

The franken teen still had a vin # on it. The trans was/is geared way to short for that track, as he was hitting the rev-limiter every lap on the back straight.

No pics of the Vette that sheared the lugs in turn one? That had to be a WILD ride chair.gif chair.gif

I'll get the few pics i took up tonight.

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.