Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long and strong - where to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Since I had to do the old sawzall-smiley.gif when I took the engine out, I need to find some replacement bolts for the engine mount bar.

I searched the usual suspects.. nada.

Are these available, if not what can I substitute.

Engine should be ready to go back in next weekend ( I will update my progress thread later today). Really need to figure this out before I make plans.

Thanks as usual smile.gif
Dave_Darling
Remember, a lot of the "small parts" are not seen as worth having individually in a parts catalog. Chances are, you'll find that the "usual suspects" can get the bolts. A search on part "N 010 472 4" might turn up something. Or simply phoning the friendly sales staff of the appropriate place.

Y'all know which one is my favorite, right?? wink.gif

--DD
Allan
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 6 2005, 09:57 AM)

--DD

AA?
tdgray
Thanks Dave... perfect... I think they are still processing my order from this AM wink.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 6 2005, 08:57 AM)
Or simply phoning the friendly sales staff of the appropriate place.

Last year I called PP for engine (2 medium) and tranny (2 large) mounting bolts and lock nuts, but was told they didn't carry them. sad.gif
lapuwali
If you can't get them from PP, HPH (Rich Bontempi) stocks them.

tdgray
Just FYI guys.

I called Pelican, no problems. Gary ( I think) was very helpful. I gave him the # DD listed. He confirmed that is the right bolt for the outboard mounts. I ordered two and the nuts. They added it on my order.

Thanks again DD.

EDIT: Sorry the gentlemans name was Glen NOT Gary. Oh and FWIW, they called this evening... he missed my order from this AM... not a problem sending them out with no shipping. Great Guy, thanks Glen!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.