Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this wire go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newto914s
One end goes to the relay board, and the other to the coil, but the wites in my hand I can't remember where they came from.
Thanks guys
Samson
Dave_Darling
You're asking about the other wires in the engine wiring harness--the 12-pin one that has connections to the coil and so forth?

You've got +12V to the coil, black or black/red.
You've got +12V to the AAR, white.
You've got the oil pressure "idiot light" signal, green/red (I think; might be green/black).

I think those are the wires in the general vicinity of the coil. 1.8s will have another white wire that plugs into the coil (-) terminal; that carries the points signal back to the EFI.

--DD
lapuwali
Black to the coil + terminal. Black/red or black/purple to the coil - (this is for the tach). If it's black purple, look very carefully in good light, the difference it very hard to see on most wires. If you can't tell the difference, use a meter to see which one shows +12 between the wire and ground with the ignition switch on, and that's the black wire. The black/purple wire should show NO voltage with the switch on.

Green/red is for the oil pressure. Green/black is for oil temp. White for AAR. Brown is ground. Yellow is for the starter.
newto914s
Thanks guys, you kick a$$ smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.