Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Blues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris H.
It's a sunny day and the roads are completely dry and not too salty, so I think I'm gonna break Rust Belt Rule #1 and take my 914 out for a couple hours. First time since October. cool_shades.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif

Someone stop me before the battery charges!
seanery
Chris,

Open the garage door, start the car and pretend your driving.

Your car is too pretty to get it salty in all the wrong places.
J P Stein
I've found the best cure for *my* winters blues is to select a major sub system of your 914, remove it, and tear it down to it's smallest component part. That usually gets me thru till January. Reassembly, being the reverse,
will get me thru till March. If the weather still sux, THEN one can consider smoking ones .45, .357, or what have you. .....humm, the sun is shinin', my car is....indisposed..
That sux too. blink.gif
Mark Henry
Same boat...but...must ...resist....urge....

Sand stones and crap all over, even on a dry road. unsure.gif

Not worth it. Less than 3 months till teen season (and counting). <_<
Chris H.
Yeah right when I grabbed my keys the weather turned iffy. Saw a couple of flakes. Hopefully it will change at least for a half-hour of so. We don't have any snow on the ground and it recently rained, so I don't think I'd do any damage.

If I can't drive her, maybe I'll take JP's advice and fix my damn odometer like I've been meaning to for 6 months. smash.gif

Anyone have any recommendations on best practices? I'm gonna refer to the Pelican article I think.
Matt914MI
At least yours isn't sitting outside in the snow right now. Sorry, the pic was taken a few minutes ago in the dark.

-Matt

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.