Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quality fiberglass bumpers for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
Which company makes good fiberglass parts for the 914. Items I'm looking for are the bumpers (fiberglass copy of stock bumper), hood, and trunk. I was told that AIR makes good stuff but I don't know what their web address is. If you have a recomendation I would appreciate the web address of the company as well.

Thanks,
Bob
flesburg
Try gt-racing (at www.gt-racing.com), and then get phone number for MRChassis (no web sight) in LosAngeles. I have used parts from both. My front bumpers are MR Chassis, as well as front spoiler and hood, and the rear bumper is gt-racing.

I'll post phone numbers tomorrow.
flesburg
the front bumper and spoiler from MRChassis. Air duct cut outs are mine.
xitspd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topper Chasse, a very long time member of the POC(car # 1) is fighting Accute Lukemia. This is a very recent situation, for those of you that were at the POC picnic, Topper was there in great spirts. He is now at Huntington Memorial Hospital, 100 West Covina Ave. Pasadena Ca. room 4508. He can't have any flowers, fruits or veggies of any kind as his immune system is extremely "taxed" with therapy.

He is in good spirts, although quite emotional when he shared the problems he is having. Topper wants you to know what he has and what is going on with him.

Accute Lukemia and he will be in treatment for the next three to four weeks. He has been there over a week now and they have done a complete blood transfusion and Chemo.

He is very specific about "fighting and winning" over this problem. In his words "if it can be beat, we're going to beat it." Information has the number for the hospital and zip code for the address, please send him a note or card as he is not allowed visitors. Please put him in your prayers and bless you for this.

This message comes from the members of (MRO) Motor Racing Outreach, A national ministry for those in motorsports.

I think it will be difficult to contact MRChasse(Topper) for a while. I wish him the best in his fight. He is one tough guy and if anyone can do it, he can.
flesburg
Gee, I'm very sorry to hear about Topper.

I wish him well with his struggle with this awful form of cancer.

His "company" was and may still be:

M. R. Chasse Co, Inc.
2724 W. Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801

818 284-8962

He makes some nice fiberglass for 914's.
cha914
I really like that front bumper spoiler combo...did you have to do much fitting to get it to look that good?

And if you have a pic with your bumper off I would like to see how you mounted the dzus' as I am about to do the same...don't worry about it if you don't have a pic already.

Very nice car, BTW, I like it more every time I see your pics...

Tony
flesburg
I will try to get some pictures for you.

Since it is a track only car I used the fastners, and fabricated and welded some tabs on the body to accept the "springs"

I did nothing to the fiberglass.

The paint on it is "pickup truck bed liner" in a rattle can.
bernbomb914
check with rennspeed.com I bought ft and rear f/g bumpers from them and the price was very fare they make a complete line of f/g parts for the 914

Bernie
Allan
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Sep 15 2005, 08:37 PM)
check with rennspeed.com I bought ft and rear f/g bumpers from them and the price was very fare they make a complete line of f/g parts for the 914

Bernie

No fitment problems?

I heard that you needed to shorten there stuff.
bernbomb914
we had to shim with washers and a little trim but it was'nt to hard.

Bernie
bernbomb914
flesburg
Does anyone know any current information about "Topper" Chasse and his fiberglass parts.

I need another spoiler for the above car. (it does not make a good tool for peeling up sod).

Dale Flesburg
pcar916
I got mine from Rich Bontempi. He has other FG parts as well and used to call these "renaissance" spoilers I believe.

650-364-6234 or on the web at http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

2431 Spring St
Redwood City, CA 94063

Been doing business with him for many years. Good man.

Good luck
campbellcj
QUOTE(flesburg @ Sep 21 2010, 10:09 AM) *

Does anyone know any current information about "Topper" Chasse and his fiberglass parts.

I need another spoiler for the above car. (it does not make a good tool for peeling up sod).

Dale Flesburg

See above -- unfortunately Topper passed-away in 2005. I met him once and saw him race his 914-6 right around that time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.