Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi. My name is John and I'm addicted to 914s.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stock93
After working on my 71 914 I drove it for the first time today. The shifting needs some adjustment and the fuel injections not working quite right but it drives!!!! I have it stripped down to be painted so I only had one headlight and no other lights whatsoever. I had so much fun on 4 wheels that it should be illegal wink.gif

John
stock93
after the drive
That's right no seats. I had to take the stock seats out to install the cage and didnt put the drivers seat back in. I had some problems with the fi. Sometimes it wouldnt idle or want to pick up at all when I hit the gas it would just stumble. Then when I pulled it into the driveway it wouldnt idle down from around 2K rpm. Any ideas?

John
URY914
You have now entered the 914 only zone. smilie_flagge6.gif
You now know the meaning of life.
You are trapped.
There is no turnning back.

Welcome aboard. clap56.gif

Paul
Lawrence
Hey John... glad to hear you're on the road! Congrats!

Driving a 914 is pure bliss.

Care to post pictures of your OTHER project there? smile.gif
Bleyseng
FI Problems:
high idle-
Vacuum leaks
Bad distributor and trigger points
Sticking accel cable
Advanced timing

To sort out Djet FI problems, first go thru and tune up the engine really well. Points,plugs, wires,fuel filter, adjust the valves, then check all the hoses for vacuum leaks. Then adjust the Djet.

Geoff
tod914
Nice color there John. Good luck with the car and hf!!
stock93
Thanks Goeff. I'll just go through the list. I will be repainting the car blue. The green is not an original color.

The other project is a ghia I'm doing for a friend of mine. Its being stripped completely and holes filled. I also have to fill quite a few dents. Then it will get new paint. I think he is going to paint it a deep forrest green.

John
Anton
QUOTE(stock93 @ Aug 2 2003, 07:48 AM)
I will be repainting the car blue. The green is not an original color.

My advice: choose a 914 color of that building year, or choose an "era correct" Porsche or 914 color.

I believe there is a 914 color scheme somewhere on the Pelican Parts website, including some very nice metallic colors.

Are you sure the green is not original? Looks like Zambezi green. aktion035.gif If it is a respray it certainly is a thorough job, because I can see it in rear trunk. Also, at the sanded areas I can only see white coming from under the green. It could be primer or was the car originally white? That is indeed not the most attractive of colors...

Anyway, welcome aboard. beer.gif
Bleyseng
Check out the orginal colors here:
http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html

Look on the drivers door post for the Karmann color plate
I agree to repaint it the orginal color, always looks the best.

Geoff
onrails
allways glad to see or hear about one more
914 on the road. now you know how i feel about my car!,,,,,,,,,have fun!!!!!!
like what was stated before,,,,,,,"there's no turning back!"
TheCabinetmaker
John, congrats on the first drive. Keep it going. Check out all the original colors at the PCA 914 SIG site http://www.pca.org/914/SIGsiteIE.html.
Welcome to our addiction!
Anton
914 colors on rennlist website

BTW, my 914 is in original Phoenix Red (L32K). smile.gif
rhodyguy
that ghia would look fantastic painted "irish green", porsches answer to brg. #1510, code L60E. with good chrome and a set of fuchs it would be a stunner. add a t-4 and it would be a goer as well.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.