Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Found Rich Lambert
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
macpro
Here is the story. A friend at work knew I was a 914 nut and told me of a shop on the west side of Fort Worth. He was not sure of the reasons why a 76 and 74 were parks there. So one evening I struck out from the office to locate the above noted machines. Well as discribed I found the shop and looked them over. The 74 was pretty much gone but the 76 was faded but all there. Orange with fuchs and 1.8L. I put my business card on the door and asked if the shop owner could call me. Two weeks or so went by...no cll. so, I stopped by again in the evening and left a second note. No call. OK you would think I would get the point and just forget it...not me. I returned at lunch time today and the door was open. I walked right in and met Rich Lambert a true 914 and Porsche mechanic with over 30 years expience with all models. we talked a while (at least a hour) about 914s and the market for a mechanic. He has several engines and parts and was the 914 gut at Zimms, a local Porsche shop for years.
javascript:emoticon(':mueba:')
Anyway, just a great discussion and I found a resource for local parts and help.

PS - And the two 914s ... seems the city just sticked them and asked that they be moved. Hummm, I need a windowshield, maybe I'll score one?javascript:emoticon(';)')

JWest
That's the guy I was thinking of that my other friend has used. Glad you caught up with him.
MJHanna
I've known Rich for over 20 years. He used to have his own shop in Lubbock. He has built me more one engine. Rich really likes to work on 914’s and 911’s nothing newer than an 89. I’ve used Rich for the track car and my street cars. He really like working on Track cars. Rich has a good eye for fixing stuff so that it will hold up on the track. When I cannot fix the problem it goes to Rich. Just don’t try to call him. He usually will not even answer his phone. sad.gif And he never listens to his voice biggrin.gif mail.
MJHanna
Rich added the holes when he was doing some other stuff on the car. aktion035.gif
Bleyseng
A 1.8l 1976 car? Take some pics of the car and the vin as some people don't believe that there is such a animal. Some say ALL 76's were 2.0l's......rumor has it that 25 1.8's were made.
smg914
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Sep 8 2005, 04:38 AM)
A 1.8l 1976 car? Take some pics of the car and the vin as some people don't believe that there is such a animal. Some say ALL 76's were 2.0l's......rumor has it that 25 1.8's were made.

"You took the words right out of my mouth"
MJHanna
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Sep 8 2005, 06:38 AM)

Umm ever heard of putting an other eng in ? when the orginal goes Pop? cool_shades.gif

My 75 2.0 had a 1.7 plate on it just to piss em off at the track when I passed them. wacko.gif
Dave_Darling
Yes, that's possible--it's also possible that it's original. There are some stickers in the engine bay that will tell you the original displacement--if the stickers are there, and original to the car.

--DD
macpro
ok, I'll get photos and if it is original 1.8 does that make it a real find? I'll check for stickers. I was told that it is original. Maybe i hear the year wrong but has the bumbers for that year. What do I know ...I'll check it out. with photos.

Greg blink.gif
TomL
I've known Rich for 25 years, I knew he was at Zimm's but lost track of him. Is there any way I could get an address for his shop. I would like to reconnect with him when I am in Ft. Worth.
bryanc
QUOTE (TomL @ Sep 10 2005, 05:12 AM)
I've known Rich for 25 years, I knew he was at Zimm's but lost track of him. Is there any way I could get an address for his shop. I would like to reconnect with him when I am in Ft. Worth.

I bought some misc parts from Rich about 12 years ago when I first got into 914s. I lived in Lubbock then. Rich was about as hard to get ahold of then. My english Proffesor at Texas Tech was his wife and she got me in touch with him. A heck of a nice guy.

BTW, I'm in Lubbock visiting my folks for the week (til 12/2), any 914ers want to get together for dinner?
Brad Roberts
Tell Rich, Brad Roberts says hello. I havent seen him in a few years, but I have visted with him in his south FT.Worth shop (off of Old Denton hwy 377 or right before it heading west on SOEL 820) I used to speak with him while he was at Zims also. His last wife was a mechanic at Zims also.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.