Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (Road) Hogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Is it just me, or do a lot of bikers (hogs, mainly) seem to putt along at 15-20mph under the speed limit and not let anybody pass? fighting19.gif

I just had it happen twice on a canyon run. Just about every car pulled over so I could pass (these are super narrow twisty roads) but a number of the bikes would not. I mean these guys were going SO slow it was hard not to run into the back of them...the car practically wanted to stall (2nd gear). Arghh. headbang.gif Incredibly frustrating.

Of course then on the way home I got behind a large bike, maybe one of those new Nortons (?) that was absolutely hauling ass on Mulholland. I was hammering it pretty hard and could not keep up. No cops, fortunately (90+ indicated in a 45 zone). w00t.gif Don't try this at home, kiddies. cool_shades.gif
onrails
hate getting behind anyone at all on a curvy road!
much less someone going slow.
never the less,,,,,,,,,,,,,the "open road time"
makes up for it! slide in,,,,,,,&give it hell!
Aaron Cox
i usually drive roads that i know. such as when to pass safely. keep a short distance, and when you know there is a passing lane or a broken yellow, drop a gear and haul @$$! very therapeutic! driving.gif
Jeffs9146
I wrecked my 67 Mustang Convertable on Mulholland! 3 days later I bought my first 914 and went around the corner twice as fast!!

Jeff
redshift
There is a long curve here, you can scare the passenger near death, until they get used to that one curve, then you have to find a new passenger, or get stiffer bars, a bigger engine, better tires..

New passengers are cheap.

M
Uncle Richy
It's just those drunk yuppies from the Sagebrush Cantina.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.