Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone 6'2" tall own a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rich brennick
Selling my car and an interested party asked me this:
He is 6'2" tall (tall trunk, with a 32" leg inseam).
Will he fit comfortably in a 914?
I would think so, but why not ask someone who might fit the above size requirements.
Thanks
Rich
TheCabinetmaker
Take him for a drive and let him decide for himself. The drive should convince him he's shorter than he is.LOL.
redshift
LMAO

smile.gif

M
Aaron Cox
its your luck day!

I happen to fit the 6'2" stature! i am mostly trunk, i have the seat up 2 notches from the rear when i drive bare foot. i fit very good and comfy.

my dad is 6'6" and 50/50 of trunk and legs. he has seat all the way back, and his knee bumps shifter when engaging first. says he needs a bent shift lever and a smnaller steering wheel. hope this helps! cool_shades.gif
Part Pricer
I'm just over 6'2" with a 34" inseam.

I have the seat in my 914 all the way back and am very comfortable in the car. However, when I had the stock steering wheel on the car my leg would be very snug between the shifter and the wheel when I shifted into first. A smaller diameter Momo wheel fixed that problem.

I also fit inside the car with the Targa roof on while I'm wearing a helmet.
URY914
Paul,
We must be "Twin sons of different Mothers" (small prize if you know the two artists which recorded the album of the same name in the late '70s)

I too am 6'2" with a 34" inseam. You're right about the s-wheel, helps with a smaller one. When my car was streetable, I went on several 12 hour trips with no problem. Even slept in it at Daytona a couple of times. I did a few other things that I won't go into here.

People would always say "how do you fit in that thing?"

Paul
Aaron Cox
Paul,
We must be "Twin sons of different Mothers" (small prize if you know the two artists which recorded the album of the same name in the late '70s)

Dan Fogelberg / Tim Weisberg
Aaron Cox
even got ya a pic of the album cover!

so what do i win???? lol- a pat on the back right?
URY914
Aaron,
It is very sad that you knew the answer and even worse that you have the cover.

It means that your probably as old as me.

Ok, another question- Who was the "Leader of the Band" song that Dan F. wrote written about??

You get a big prize for this. laugh.gif

Paul
Aaron Cox
not sad- just bored. and no, im not as old as you, I'm 17 sad.gif i did a quick yahoo search and BAM. it was there.

and for your next question..... i dont really want to find out confused24.gif i am motivated by prizes rolleyes.gif
URY914
17!! barf.gif
You suck!!

Paul
Aaron Cox
67, sorry gramps.... you suck! splat.gif
-P-
I'm 6'4 with a 34 inseam. 1st gear is a bit hard to get to sometimes.
Chris H.
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 2 2003, 04:28 PM)

Ok, another question- Who was the "Leader of the Band" song that Dan F. wrote written about??

Ok so this is driving me crazy now. Who was it written about Paul? I can't remember...

Chris H.
Curvie Roadlover
Dad Fogelberg
URY914
Curvie is correct.
He father was a high scool band director.

I'm sorry I know these things.

Paul
Gary
Back on topic (sorry)...

Rich, I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam. Your buyer is really long waisted - makes it easy to buy pants and hard to buy t-shirts... oh wait, that's right, on topic...

I fit fine with a replacement thinner seat cushion. With the stock cushion my head just hits the targa. Not sure what I'll do if ever I do a driver's ed. that requires the top on and a helmet.
seanery
you'll probably take the cushion out altogether-common remedy for head-hitting.
tryan
6'2" and 35" inseam on a skinny old fart. it seems that the old clutch stomping leg is getting shorter and i do have to move the seat up a click. plenty of room. no problems
mr914
My dad had a 914 for years. He's 6'2" and about 360#

Even with a 56" waist.

He had enough clearance for head and stomach.
914werke
6'1" 34 inseam and no issues. Sport wheel stongly suggested, but with helmet... cut down or no seat pad.
Hawktel
If you hit PP and run a search for "Head Room" you'll run into some interesting ideas on how to fit in a 914. I believe one post had a guy that was 6'7 that fit into a 914.

I'm a large person, and part of the reason I've not bought a 914 yet is cause I'll be welding on it, some before I fit in it to drive.
Dman
I'm 6'4"+, 200lbs and have a 35" inseam

I don't have any problems that I don't also have in any other car. I have a ~13" momo steering wheel, no back pad (carpeted firewall), seat all the way back and no center console.

It's a long way down!:beer2:
grantsfo
I'm 6'3" and about 270lbs. I fit ok with small Momo wheel installed. More room than my Boxster.
Neal
I'm 6'3" and 50/50. I fit fine with small steering wheel installed. I actually like to have the seat pulled up, it makes it feel like a go cart instead of a Jessie James chopper.
Neal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.