Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PANCAKES!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
Alright, since Jeff Bowlsby resigned his position as breakfast organizer, we haven't been very consistent about this at all. I know September is a busy month for all of us, but I want to try to do a breakfast/social event in the bay area before Britain hi-tails it out of California and into Oregon.

Same Bat time (okay, maybe a little later, say 9:30-10-ish?)
Same Bat channel

I'll be there, and Brian will be there. I'm pretty sure Jeff Keyzer will be there since he lives real close (and recently expressed interest in a breakfast event), and user posted image will be there.

Jen

ppickerell
AX that day at Candlestick?
jonwatts
I'm in!
Jenny
probably. I haven't been keeping up with the AX schedule. But my event will start at a much more godly hour, and have better food. chowtime.gif

Jen
neo914-6
I scheduled a brunch on the 24th LAST Sat of the month. confused24.gif
Jenny
Oh.. Sorry. Didn't mean to step on any toes. I thought that was a conversion meet.

In either case, I'm organizing this at the request of a club member. It's a way for people to see Britain, Angel and Bryson before they move. They're going to be pretty busy that last weekend of the month packing and loading stuff.

Jen
neo914-6
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 9 2005, 09:21 AM)
Oh.. Sorry. Didn't mean to step on any toes. I thought that was a conversion meet.

In either case, I'm organizing this at the request of a club member. It's a way for people to see Britain, Angel and Bryson before they move. They're going to be pretty busy that last weekend of the month packing and loading stuff.

Jen

They're gonna love another nailed thread, have you read DD's rant? laugh.gif

I thought of Britain and Angel too and was going to post "don't come if it came down to a choice of either this brunch or help move."

More choices...

Dave_Darling
Not a rant, just an observation ("lotsa nailed threads") and a question ("do we need all of em?")...

I should be there, unless my attorney advises me to stay away. wink.gif

--DD
Jenny
I'm not gonna request for this to be nailed. The consensus appears to be most people skip past the nailed section anyhoo. I'll just bump relentlessly. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif

Jen
Midtowner
Mapquest says I'm 2.3 miles away! So, I have no excuse not to attend. See you there! biggrin.gif
mightyohm
Schweet, I'm in. Mapquest says 1.1 miles. biggrin.gif
Midtowner
We must live in the same 'hood! biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 9 2005, 06:35 PM)
I'll just bump relentlessly. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif

I think I'd like to watch you do that!!! w00t.gif

--DD
jonwatts
So in this forum, as in real life, bumping and nailing aren't so different from each other.

Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 10 2005, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 9 2005, 06:35 PM)
I'll just bump relentlessly. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif

I think I'd like to watch you do that!!! w00t.gif

--DD

Now that Jenny and her Beau have their new place, I'm sure their "bumping relentlessly".....

I know I would be... laugh.gif huh.gif
Jenny
ohmy.gif

alright, so far I've got:

Jenny & Brian
JKeyzer
Taco
Jon Watts
James
Britain, Angel & Bryson
Mike
Marty
B-hole
Jim Tabor
Jason
Gwen (10:30)
DD (may be driving.gif instead)
Richard Lindsal (maybe)
Britain Smith
Angel, Bryson, and I are in.

FYI, for the people helping me move...I need help on Sunday, Sept. 25th. That won't conflict with the 24th Conversion Perversion Meet!

-Britain

You think my boy is ready for pancakes?

lapuwali
I will be there, driving my 914, for once. I have the wiring kludge from hell in the car now, but it starts, runs, the charging system and brake lights work. I shouldn't need anything else, assuming it doesn't rain and I don't need to go anywhere in the dark...

With luck, I'll even get enough time to wash the greasy fingerprints off the car first... smile.gif

Dave_Darling
Hmmm.... AutoX, or pancakes. That's a toughie!! I may wind up bailing to go and flog the little blue car mercilessly up at CandleMonsterCom, or whateverthefuktheycallit Park.

--DD
jimtab
I'll try to make it, it's the same day as my 40th HS class reunion....wow...but I should have nothing of import that morning...can't hang too long tho...cute little spud Britain...are you sure you were involved? LOL happy11.gif

By the way, pancakes were made for kids....even if they can't eat them they can make one hell of a mess by disintigrating them......
richardL
I'll probably be there - can't be sure yet

Richard
GTeener
AX is tempting...It will depend on how quickly I can get GTeener running again.

I got towed home from work Fri night headbang.gif

I think it's only a matter of getting a new battery, but I suppose it could be alternator. I'm thinking battery is more likely. I don't remember the last time it got replaced, if ever, since I've owned the car (1999). Damn good for an Interstate battery!
Britain Smith
What if we did the Breakfast on Sunday to avoid conflicting with the AX crowd?

-Britain
Jenny
idea.gif what if, indeed? I always assumed we did saturdays because people go to church on sundays. We could all be sinners and have pancakes on Sunday.

Jen
mikeyb33
I'm in.
I have an appt. in the AM but will be there by 1030 at the latest - save me a seat!

mike
MartyYeoman
I was thinking of going to the Dublin event (nearly in my backyard)
but had a schedule interuption. So now I'm thinking pancakes.
Exactly what day is the IHOP plan for now, Saturday or Sunday?
I throw in for Sunday. Time is negotable.
Jenny
It's still for Sat unless I get an overwhelming request for Sunday. Everyone on my list responded to Saturday.

Jen
MartyYeoman
Put me down for Saturday then.
Jenny
biggrin.gif
sgomes
Watch out. That IHOP is HUGELY (is that a word) packed on Sunday. My guess the church crowd hits there after mass. LOTS of Catholic sized families! (I can say that since I are one... laugh.gif )
Jenny
icon_bump.gif
jonwatts
Sunday is the traditional day for all pagan Porsche activities (swap meets, car shows, etc.). It helps add to our NARP factor by having the breakfasts on Saturdays.

Jenny
icon_bump.gif

Any more takers??

Jen
mightyohm
FYI - The HSC Sidewalk Sale (a Silicon Valley staple since before companies ended in .com) is this Saturday also. I am going to try and make both events if possible.

I think the sidewalk sale starts around 8 (need to check) so if the breakfast is later it would be better for us nerds. biggrin.gif
Jenny
I'll make it 10am, but you have to bring me something from the sale. wink.gif

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 14 2005, 07:48 AM)
icon_bump.gif

Any more takers??

Jen

I'm a definite maybe wink.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Sep 14 2005, 09:22 AM)
I think the sidewalk sale starts around 8 (need to check) so if the breakfast is later it would be better for us nerds. biggrin.gif

September 17th, 2005

GIANT Anniversary Sale

All three locations!

Come celebrate with us!

9 AM to 5 PM

Hmm, wonder if there's a pre-sale?
mightyohm
There is usually a line that forms before the event opens, those people usually charge straight for the by-the-pound section. I thought it opened before 9 but I guess I am remembering incorrectly. Arrival at 8:30 is definitely recommended if you want to get first dibs on the cool stuff.

It looks like we definitely have a conflict then, if the breakfast starts at 10 I will still make it but might run a little late.
Jenny
Um... what exactly does HSC stand for?

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 14 2005, 12:28 PM)
Um... what exactly does HSC stand for?

Jen

Hocking
Sh*t
Cheaply

confused24.gif
Jenny
Home
Shopping
Channel

lol2.gif

Jen
Jenny
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. I'm expecting the resident asshole to be present. biggrin.gif

Jen
jonwatts
Horizontal
Salsa
Contest
jonwatts
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 14 2005, 01:43 PM)
Oh, yes. I almost forgot. I'm expecting the resident asshole to be present. biggrin.gif

Jen

You mean the resident German A**hole??

Jenny
You mean the resident German A**hole??

no. the resident B***hole. Who no longer resides here. cool_shades.gif

Jen
sgomes
HSC is a surplus electronics/computer warehouse. Lots of crap for cheap. The idea is to bring home a huge box of stuff and have to explain what you are going to do with all that junk.... or so I've heard... rolleyes.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (sgomes @ Sep 14 2005, 03:03 PM)
HSC is a surplus electronics/computer warehouse. Lots of crap for cheap. The idea is to bring home a huge box of stuff and have to explain what you are going to do with all that junk.... or so I've heard... rolleyes.gif

I have lots of that kind of crap in my garage already huh.gif What do you do with old Macs & PCs and cables and peripherals... confused24.gif
Jenny
dump it in the parking lot of Surplus Computers after hours. happy11.gif

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE (Jenny @ Sep 14 2005, 03:22 PM)
dump it in the parking lot of Surplus Computers after hours. happy11.gif

Jen

idea.gif not a bad idea... happy11.gif
mightyohm
Maybe us 914club geeks should meet up at the HSC sidewalk sale and then meet up with the "more well balanced" members afterwards?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.