Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intro...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
Hey there,

Been lurking for a while, but just signed on. I've been around the 914 community for many years and probably know a few of you guys already (and I joined anyway! lol2.gif ).

I'm on my third 914, this one is a '73 6 conversion with a 3.0 SC motor. It is the daily driver and is a complete blast to drive. (I'll post some pics later to the hurricane aid post)

The first teener I bought is currently being built into a PCA GT-1r race car with a '91 3.3l turbo motor (avatar pic). Its a semi-tube chassis job and is a lot of work, but should be fun on the track... or my neighborhood twisties... happy11.gif I could post some of the build pics if anyone is interested.

Anyway, more later I guess. Just wanted to say hello! wavey.gif

Mike Mulligan
URY914
clap.gif Welcome Mike,

And yes we like pictures...

Paul
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Sep 9 2005, 12:42 PM)
currently being built into a PCA GT-1r race car

That is gonna be a serious car. (With some serious competition in the GT-1 Class)

Welcome to the club Mugs.
You don't have to tell me how much fun a 73 /6 with at 3.0 SC is to drive.
Tell us more: Carbs, FI, Flares, Wheels, Brakes, etc, etc. user posted image
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Sep 9 2005, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Sep 9 2005, 12:42 PM)
currently being built into a PCA GT-1r race car

That is gonna be a serious car. (With some serious competition in the GT-1 Class)

Welcome to the club Mugs.
You don't have to tell me how much fun a 73 /6 with at 3.0 SC is to drive.
Tell us more: Carbs, FI, Flares, Wheels, Brakes, etc, etc. user posted image

Not likely he'd but carbs on a 3.3 turbo, but who knows? The Cap'n
ArtechnikA
welcome.

gotta ask: are you "The" Mike Mulligan?

if so, i have enjoyed your drawings for many years!
tdgray
Welcome to the Club Mugs clap.gif
TravisNeff
Welcome Mugs! Can't wait to see more pics of your car(s).
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 9 2005, 01:34 PM)
Not likely he'd but carbs on a 3.3 turbo, but who knows? The Cap'n

I was asking about his '73 /6 3.0 SC daily driver.
Allan
wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
dude! welcome aboard....

now give us a full scale pic of your avatar!! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
Yup...."the" MIKE MULLIGAN.

I have met him and raced AX with him....

Gud guy.
Jeroen
welcome aboard...
now start posting pic slap.gif
MoveQik
You can't post the specs of car like your with no pics. We gotta see 'em!! They sound awesome.

Welcome. beerchug.gif
Mugs914
Thanks for the welcome guys!

"The" Mike Mulligan? Well I suppose that would be me. (I didn't know I rated a "The"! unsure.gif ) Thanks for the kind words. Didn't realize any of my pics got as far as PA!

(I guess they went a bit further than that though, I just noticed that one of my old cartoons is on Jeroen's avatar! smile.gif Original version below...)

Since you asked, here are the details for the daily car:

'73 914, originally a 2.0l car.

'78 3.0 SC motor, CIS injection (I'll probably go with carbs and S cams at some point, but I sure like the way the injection just starts on those cold mornings!), MSD 6AL ignition, Earl's oil cooler (huge) up front (temps rarely over 180deg.), Patrick Motorsports headers with two carbon fibre motorcycle mufflers.

901 sideshifter (geared C, Ga, N, U, Zd, if anyone is interested), Quaife limited slip.

No flairs yet, but it will get them. Probably something "stealthy". It has been pretty seriously rolled though, because...

225/50-15s all round on 7" Fuchs.

S calipers on SC rotors up front, 914 front calipers on solid rear rotors. Pagid orange all round.

22mm torsion bars, 160lb. springs (I think), Weltmeister front bar, Koni rears, Bilstein fronts.

Autometer tach, VDO oil press. and temp., MOMO Monte Carlo wheel with a semi-ricer looking carbon center thing, Konig sport seat (Driver's side only. I have both but the wife prefers the stocker...), Blaupunkt tunes.

I know, I know...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

But I'll have to take some new ones before I can post 'em. The only ones I had were lost with a crashed hard drive... sad.gif I'll get some up ASAP.
Mugs914
Oh, and here you go, Aaron. At least I have this one available...
Aaron Cox
where the Hell did you find a C gear????????????

AA's, and B's are wicked rare...and you have a C????? ohmy.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
Hello and Welcome beerchug.gif
Mugs914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 9 2005, 06:05 PM)
where the Hell did you find a C gear????????????

AA's, and B's are wicked rare...and you have a C????? ohmy.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I work with a shop that does a lot of vintage racing 911s and we had a few Cs available.

I know Bs can be found but they'd probably be cheaper if they were made of gold. AAs are a bit easier. If you're interested I'll see what we've got and if they'd be willing to part with any of 'em.

J P Stein
Aaaaron:
Otto's has 'C's.
type47fan
Welcome, neighbor. . . .
Gint
Welcome to the club!

But we're still waiting....!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Rusty
Welcome aboard the Good Ship Lollypop, Mike! biggrin.gif
Mugs914
Okay, finally got some pics of the little beast.

Here goes... cool.gif
Mugs914
Looks pretty good from a few feet out! The problem is that the white was sprayed over Ravenna green so any chips or dings advertise themselves rather loudly!
Mugs914
Here's the exhaust. Straight out of the headers, crossover into Yoshimura carbon bike cans. I was at Cal Speedway a while back and it seemed like every time I looked up someone was laying on the ground behind the thing with a camera!
Mugs914
Here's where all the noise comes from. '78 3.0 SC, largely stock. Just finished a complete top-end overhaul and refreshed the FI system. Pulls like a horse! cool.gif
Mugs914
It all started with the carbon mufflers...

I decided to go with carbon details here and there. These mirrors look pretty trick and weigh less than the bracket that holds 'em.
Mugs914
The "office"...

More little carbon bits here and there, some real, some rice... um I mean fake.
Semi-rice steering wheel center (fake), tach (real), etc.. Konig sport seat, Weltmeister short-shift kit with an extension to bring it up to stock length, and VDO oil pressure and temp guages in place of the ashtray.

Sorry to be so long-winded...

I'm off! driving.gif

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Mugs914 @ Sep 9 2005, 09:40 PM)
Thanks for the kind words. Didn't realize any of my pics got as far as PA!

i was pretty actice in SD-PCA from 1975-1985 and still in Zone 8 until 1995. i thought i might have seen a couple of your images in the PCA editors' clip art collection. maybe not. i've done some graphic design but i have no talent for characature and just love your whimsical slant.
Mugs914
Yup that was me. I forgot about the editor's clip file. wacko.gif

Slip Carter was the editor of the S.D. region mag when I first submitted some work way back when. We became good friends and he put everything I gave him on the editors clip site. (With permission, of course! biggrin.gif ) I probably have a dozen or so drawings that went up to the clip art file. There was everything from little pen and ink "space fillers" to pencil renderings and cartoons. I even wrote an article about the "Le Mans" movie 917 that got picked up by a few region mags. Kinda fun!

BTW- I like the stuff up on your site. Very cool!
DonTraver
Hey Mike, how you doin? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Good to hear the 914's still on track. I want a ride when you finish it, it's got to be killer with a 420hp Andial turbo in it.

Just read the whole posting, what happened the the turbo you were going to put in, still got it?

PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.