Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice day in Dallas. Pics of the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
-P-
It was such a nice day that I took the car for a drive and snapped a few pics. Abandoned buildings always catch my interest. So I took the car up to an abandoned volvo dealer and snapped some pics, as well as a few other places.

Full res and all the rest are >> HERE <<

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Qarl
Looks REALLY nice. Nice and clean. Schweet! mueba.gif
-P-
Now all I need are some 5 lug Fuch's and painted valences (still contemplating that) and the appearence I want will be complete. Now that she is running right and clean it is time to focus on handling and brakes.

Off topic:
Anyone know where to get a Weltmeister 22mm for less than PP ($320)? Maybe used...? $320 seems a bit steep. Also, is there any reason why I would consider the 19mm? I want this thing to have almost 0 body roll. It will never be fast, at least for awhile, so I need something else to pick up the slack.
dakotaewing
Hey -P-,
Nice Car! But it was about 100 degrees today... What part of Dallas do you live in? It's nice to see another teener in town !!! Does your A/C work ?
I HOPE SO!!!

Regards,
Thom
-P-
Haha, well it was nicer this evening. The a/c does work (super cold), but not at idle. I'm out in Addison.

Is there supposed to be a fast idle switch with the a/c kits?

From what I gather there are at least 6 active guys in the Dallas area. We should have a meet.
nebreitling
real nice looking car smile.gif !

i grew up in dallas, moved to cali for college and grad school.

it's good to see a few teeners in my home town. stay in the shade
Qarl
Your car would look awesome with fuchs with polished spokes and black background.

Leave the rockers black. It goes well with your red/black theme!
Chris H.
Is that thing red? I can't tell laugh.gif

Cool car! I second the "leave the rockers black" vote. 5-lugs with polished paddles would look INCREDIBLE on that car.

Chris H.
dakotaewing
The MUSR is coming up in early Oct. You can pretty much bet all the active guys
will be there... Usually 40+ cars show up.. This year it is in Hot Srings, AR.

I don't know anything about the stock A/C units... They are not typically held with high regard, just due to typically the installation was a hack job done by the dealers. I do know that some people upgrade to a Sandon (sp?) compressor, - it is a much more efficent unit...
I live Richardson, and work in Addison -

Thom
seanery
I have to agree with the previous statements re:valence & rocker colors-leave black. Your car looks great!
-P-
It's a rather orangey red. Not the original color. The original was signal orange. That is the only thing I don't like about the car. The paint job is nice, but it wasnt a complete teardown. That will come soon enough!
Eric Taylor
Wow, it's like you have the twin to my car. I just bought at 72 that needs a clutch before I can drive it for the first time and it's a color change to I sware that exact same color. I'm envious , your driving and i'm not! I'll post pic's once it comes off the jack stands.
Eric
Alfred
Beautiful car but I prefer the look of the original Fuchs.

Alfred
Part Pricer
GPR has the 22mm Weltmeister for $279. Give them a call on Monday. I'll bet they do even better on the phone.
Russ K
Just curious...
In the shot where the transmissions out... whats holding the engine up?
-P-
QUOTE(Russ K @ Aug 3 2003, 08:50 AM)
Just curious...
In the shot where the transmissions out... whats holding the engine up?

It was hooked from the top supported by a 2x4
Brad Roberts
911 Fuchs with the black part painted red to match the car and the spokes polished. We used to do this paint trick to Riveria's when we where poor and wanted something different.

NICE CAR. Very clean.

And ..NO the AC installs didnt include a "throttle up"

Here is how I would do it... turn off the power to the Aux air regulator.. its not connected to the computer and it would be super easy to "vary" the voltage to it..to set the idle when the AC is on.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.