Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer Tie Down Eyes for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
dlee1967
New Lower Pricing as of 1/3/06!!!!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

USPS went up.....but my prices on the product went down!

New 914 front eyes that now utilize all three attachment points......Same price as before and it includes the longer bolt and the spacer required!

Click here for Pictures and Pricing

location car model Year range material finish sell freight Method
front 911 1965-89 A36 steel raw $40/pair $8.10 USPS

front 911 1965-89 A36 steel painted$45/pair $8.10 USPS

rear 911 1965-89 A36 steel raw $15/pair $4.05 USPS

rear 911 1965-89 A36 steel painted $20/pair $4.05 USPS

front 914 ALL A36 steel raw $40/pair $8.10 USPS

front 914 ALL A36 steel painted $45/pair $8.10 USPS

rear 914 ALL A36 steel raw $15/pair $4.05 USPS

rear 914 ALL A36 steel painted $20/pair $4.05 USPS

race all various A36 steel raw $10/ea $4.05 USPS
914werke
Hey David I recently saw these in a Perf. Prod. catalog.
Looks nice smilie_pokal.gif
dlee1967
I thought that they were too easy to make to pay the PP price, so I made a few sets for my cars. A few friends requested them, so I thought I would make a large batch. thanks..David Lee
914werke
Do the front suspension hooks necessitate the removal of the protective "cap"
joea9146
I got the rear tie downs good product quick shipping.... Thanks
STL914
David,

Would you be willing to offer a set of 914 front tie downs un-welded for a discounted price and if so, what would that be? I would be able to have them welded at work and then painted as well.

Also, I ahve a F/G GT front valance, how must I modify it to allow theuse of the tie downs?
dlee1967
I generally don't sell them knocked down for liability reasons. I can weld well, but others may not do such a good job. If there car comes off a trailer, who gets the first call????? I am sure you understand my position. David Lee

To use with the GT style front spoiler, you will have to cut two small slots for the eyes to poke out. Measure twice and cut once. A Dremel tool works well and makes quick work of it.

iamchappy
David, I want a set of front ones, I plan on painting or powder coating them silver or red like in the pictures. Should I order the raw ones or zinc coated.

Chap
STL914
David,

The majority of work done in the shop is welding of industrial machinery and all of the welders are certified in wire and Mig, so I would wager that the welds would be very strong with the best degree of penetration. Still, I see and respect your concern.

Gary
iamchappy
I will send you paypal for a pair of raw steel front ones.

Thanks
Krieger
Hey David, I would definately like a set of the fronts for my 914 and maybe the rears. I am in no rush could I mail you a check and wait? I do have questions re the rears for the 914. Are they the ones pictured in the center of your photo with the two holes? Do they mount between the shock and control arm or ? Are there any threads left on the mounting bolt after installation? I'd like to still have one thread left after install including lock washer.
dlee1967
Yes, I accept checks. Look at my website in the link on the first post and it will answer almost all of your questions including a number of pictures of installation. The ones with the two holes, one round and one oval, are the rear eyes. There are no threads left after the installation, but there is full engaugement of the threads. I hope that helps......

David Lee
8103 Wateka Drive
Houston, TX 77074
ewdysar
David,

I received my painted front and rear tie down eyes. They look great, and I'm surprised at how quick they got here during the holiday season.

Thanks,
Eric
dlee1967
Thank you sir. That Priority Mail flat rate envelope or box is really a deal. DLee
dlee1967
New Lower Pricing as of 1/3/06!!!!
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Click here for Pictures and Pricing
jimkelly
See this thread ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=44311

Dan got a tow bar $64 brand new from Bugformance in Sunnyvale ca. - see pic - what do you think about the welds on this tow bar??

Dan emailed me the inner and outer dims of the tabs.

Would you be willing to make plates specifically for this particular tow bar?

If so - I'd like a set - and I'd bet many more would too - want this set up - towbar from bugperformance/your plates.

Jim - Inside dimension is 22 and 3/8 inch - outside dimension is 23 inches. That is tab to tab in and out where the hitch will
attach - Dan

Jim
blitZ
I'd be interested in the tow bar set up also. How do you lock the steering when using a towbar, just lock the ignition?
dlee1967
blitZ, you don't lock the steering. You have to keep the column unlocked so the car will steer the direct that you tow it. The cars caster keeps in going in a straight line when you are heading down the highway. DLee
VegasRacer
Thanks for the great service and a top quality product. smilie_pokal.gif

Rear tow eye.
VegasRacer
custom rear mount
VegasRacer
front tow eye
VegasRacer
custom front mount
dlee1967
Thanks John. I am glad that the race plates were a help to you on your fabs for Elvira. I have a number of projects in the works, but soon I will work on the front and rear bolt on 914 race eyes.

The trouble has been the different types of bumpers, valances and spoilers out there. It looks like I will have to do short runs of race eyes to fit a variety of optioned cars.

I just finished 911 and 944 eyes (also Spec Miata) , but the 914 is much tougher. DLee
dlee1967
New 914 front eyes that now utilize all three attachment points......Same price as before and it includes the longer bolt and the spacer required!

There was some concern from a few buyers about the unit effecting allignment specs when mounted between the torsion bar housing and the body. You will see they now mount on the outside of the housing! No concerns now....
okieflyr
Iv'e recieved a set of front and rears and they are nice. Now that he's offering them with the 3rd bolt and spacer in the fronts, It will be rock solid...... Kevin
914werke
$'s Sent wink.gif
seanery
Order placed smile.gif
jdogg
Has anyone used the trailer tie-downs on the rear along with a factory sway bar? It seems the bolt that the eyes would mount to would be too short by the time it went through the eye, sway bar mount, shock, and trailing arm.....Will they all work toghether? Is there a longer bolt (with the ball on the end) available to accomodate this set up?
dlee1967
Jason, the factory flat washer is removed and replaced by the eye to save space. DLee

QUOTE(jdogg @ Oct 3 2006, 03:32 PM) *

Has anyone used the trailer tie-downs on the rear along with a factory sway bar? It seems the bolt that the eyes would mount to would be too short by the time it went through the eye, sway bar mount, shock, and trailing arm.....Will they all work toghether? Is there a longer bolt (with the ball on the end) available to accomodate this set up?

jdogg
Nice! Look for an order tomorrow! I've absolutely had my fill of wrapping an axle strap around the shock.........
GaroldShaffer
Anyone have pictures with these installed with a stock front metal valance? I know I will have to cut a slit in it, just want to see how it looks. Thanks beer.gif
dlee1967
Here is one.....
GaroldShaffer
Thanks for the picture Dave. I got set of front & rears as a door prize at the FFC06. If I could ask, do you have a picture looking straight from the front?

dlee1967
No picture in my stash directly from the front. Maybe someone else will chime in?? BTW, am I going to get a FFC06 T-shirt? I want to show it off to my local guys at a future PCA funtion....DLee

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 26 2006, 10:33 AM) *

Thanks for the picture Dave. I got set of front & rears as a door prize at the FFC06. If I could ask, do you have a picture looking straight from the front?

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dlee1967 @ Oct 26 2006, 08:16 PM) *

No picture in my stash directly from the front. Maybe someone else will chime in?? BTW, am I going to get a FFC06 T-shirt? I want to show it off to my local guys at a future PCA funtion....DLee

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 26 2006, 10:33 AM) *

Yes you should have gotten your shirt. I will check with Doug.
Lou W
You got paypal. beerchug.gif
Lou W
I got my set yesterday. Thank you thumb3d.gif
Scott S
QUOTE(dlee1967 @ Oct 4 2006, 06:17 PM) *

Here is one.....

Hi David -
I was all set to place my order until I saw this picture. I have a 916 front bumper, do you know if anyone has used your tow eyes with one of these? My concern is the two front lips on the 916.
dlee1967
While I don't have a picture of the eyes with a 916 front at the moment, I have attached a picture of the tow bar interface bracket that used the same base plate at the tie down eyes. You can see where I recommend that you cutout when you attach your tow bar, but in most 916 fronts there might be only the addition of a small slit under the "lips". DLee

QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Jan 18 2007, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(dlee1967 @ Oct 4 2006, 06:17 PM) *

Here is one.....

Hi David -
I was all set to place my order until I saw this picture. I have a 916 front bumper, do you know if anyone has used your tow eyes with one of these? My concern is the two front lips on the 916.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.