Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $35 Sand Blaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iansale
Does anyone have an experience with this unit?
SpeedBlaster

Seems too good to be true?
Dave Cawdrey
I have one !! Fo Shizzle...

Used it to blast my bug parts. Worked great. Have to refill the hopper constantly. laugh.gif
Qarl
You need one of these... no refilling necessary!
redshift
I used one of those for about 10 days once, korijo is right.. it will wear you out.

barf.gif <--artist's rendering of full hopper- expelled; real-time.

M
iansale
That's what I was worried about... the small hopper size. Not to mention, it seems like you would go through media like crazy given that it can't really be recovered.

Karl, if I buy a blasting cabinet, I'll be looking for a new wife. I have managed to fill our basement, which is finished and important living space for us, with 914 parts. I think the last straw was a few nights ago, when my wife went into the closet to pull out the ironing board only to have a full set of rusty, greasy engine tins land on her unshod feet.
splat.gif
Zeke
For about the same money, you can get smallest portable blaster with the 3 foot hose from the sand tank (or plastic case). This way, you have more sand and don't carry the weight of the sand on the gun. You can get the gun into tighter places. Try Harbor Freight.

Actaully, you need both types, cabinet and portable.
URY914
A gun, bucket of sand and an air compressor is better than that little toy. The add talks more about the way it looks than what it can do.

Paul
GaroldShaffer
For about the same money, you can get smallest portable blaster with the 3 foot hose from the sand tank (or plastic case). This way, you have more sand and don't carry the weight of the sand on the gun. You can get the gun into tighter places.

agree.gif Also check Sears, that is where I got mine.
cgnj
Or be cheap. You can stop by in a week or so. I should have my blast cabinet setup by then. We could learn on yours before I do mine. laugh.gif

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.