Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitting The Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
I was attempting to bleed the brakes on my car today when I notice a stream of brake fluid flowing out of the left front caplier, these are the used 911 "A" capliers I bought to convert over to 5 bolt set up.

Question is this, is it worth the trouble to rebuild the caplier or better to get a rebuilt caplier? I have found them at Vertex for $98 after core charge.

Second question, do I need to replace them as a pair or just replace the one that failed?

ABC914
I'm no expert, but I'd check to see what's leaking. If it's the seal around the puck, rebuild kits are cheap and should be easy to fix. If the bore and/or puck walls are scored, then it's probably a good idea to chuck it and get another.
johnmhudson111
Ended up ordering a set of rebuilt capliers. I figure that it would be better to have a rebuilt one from "professional" rather than me going in there and forgetting something critical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.