Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I built a tri gauge about a year ago. Last week the pressure gauge started going all the way to the top when I turn power on. At first I thought it lost it's ground but the ground seems to be fine. Plus the temp and gas gauge use the same ground and they work fine. Anyone have a suggestion. The lead to the sender seems to be okay at both ends. Here's a pic of the gauge.
J P Stein
You have power & ground or the needle wouldn't move....WAG....the sensor.
drew365
I disconnected the sender and the gauge still goes all the way up when the key is turned on, so I'm sure it's not the sender. I can't find any bad wiring so I took the gauge out and will take it to N. Hollywood Speedometer in the morning. I should have gotten a new gauge in the first place instead of using a used one when I built the tri-gauge. It's a real PITA disassembling the gauge. I hope it's the last time.
Dave_Darling
The wire from the sender to the gauge has shorted to ground somewhere.

--DD
drew365
Dave; I disconnected the sender at the gauge, so it can't be the wire to the sender.
drew365
The wire from the sender to the gauge has shorted to ground somewhere.

I'm an idiot. Dave Darling, you da man! Rather than take your advise and check my sender wire which is only a year old, I took the gauge out twice, put in a new pressure module and sender. At that time there was nothing left to change except the sender wire, I found it was rubbing on the steering column. Fixed that and tied it off to the side and now the pressure gauge works. Live and learn, I hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.