Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiring engine out of car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
has anyone created and easy diagram for wiring the engine out of the car. I know it is not that hard, but wiring is not my stongest asset and I would rather not fry the computer on my 73 2.0 system. Would it be easier with a relay board. BTW bone stock 73 2.0, yes the mps holds pressure, well at least now. How much should i expect the engine to move when bolted with the mounting bar to a wood cart I made.
lapuwali
With D-Jet, yes, keeping the relay board would be easier, and hooking things up after the engine has been installed would be easier, unless you intend to start and run it out of the car for some reason.
wilchek
I wanted to start and run it out of the car. It is a spare engine with 80K original miles on it and I am unsure what to do with it. When I bought it I could not drive the car, rust issues, but only started the engine for a minute or so. I had to pull it and did not want to heat it up. I am thining about doing a top end rebuild but want to see how it runs first.
wilchek
anyone. Buller, buller??
lapuwali
Use the relay board and the engine side wiring harness. You don't need the alternator bit. You'll need a pair of switches in the 20 amp range, one for power, one for the starter.

Plug in everything to relay board as it should be, except the 14 pin plug. All you'll need to get the engine going are the red wires (battery +), the brown wires (to battery -), the black wire (to your power switch, the other end of the power switch should connect to battery +), the yellow wire (to your starter switch, the other end of the starter to battery +). The ECU needs to be plugged in, including the connection to the relay board. You'll be powering the ignition right off the battery, so you'll need a charged battery and you can't run it for long (20 minutes or so). Use 14 gauge wire everywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.