Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Cover with full grille work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Meng
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a full grille engine cover. Any ideas who might be able to supply me one?

Thanks in advance
Dave_Darling
Look in the "Club Member Products" section of the BBS. Search for "GT Engine Lid". You'll find at least one or two people who do them.

--DD
Meng
Hi Dave,

I tried to search the BBS for the GT engine lid, but I was unable to come up with anything. I would really appreciate any further guidance from you.

Thanks.
MecGen
Hi Meng
Welcome to the club smilie_pokal.gif

You can post a WTB want to buy add in this club
914 adds

because you live so far, and with the recent popularity of scamms, it might be little more difficult buying from a private rather then a Parts Outlet.
Later

beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
Instead of buying one - Click Here for a great thread on how to build it yourself. smash.gif
Thor
Motorhaube für Porsche 914/6 GT, neu

Saw this one on ebay today.
Mittelmotor is very known in Germany and surroundings.
neo914-6
Sergio sells them here
campbellcj
I have one of Sergio's, which I modified to be about as lightweight as possible and also made removable with captive-pin fasteners. It is much easier to work in the engine compartment when you can quickly pop-off the lid!
jim_hoyland
Hello Meng,

It was a pleasure to meet you Staurday at the German Auto Fest in Ventura.

To the long time U.S 914'ers, Meng is visiting the US from Singapore and has one of two 914's there.He is currently staying in Irvine.

He owns a right hand drive model and is looking for contacts while visiting here.We may get Meng to post some pictures ( got to resize them to 800px600p to work )

Jim _H

tyler
How's this for a full grille (if I can get the pic in)..................
Dave_Darling
A bowtie? And it isn't even an SBC motor!!

--DD
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 12 2005, 10:30 AM)
A bowtie? And it isn't even an SBC motor!!

--DD

uh...yes it is.

4 IDF/IDA's on a SBC
tyler
That's correct and part of the bowtie idea was to be able to see the 4 webers on the sbc.
rhodyguy
and no rear window! ohmy.gif must be LOUD. 2 sets must sound pretty wild when all 8 throttle plates are wide open.

k
Dave_Darling
Holy shit! I saw the Weber aircleaners and "assumed" it wasn't a V8. Four Webers? You are a masochist...

--DD
tyler
You're right, not only is it hot but the gear drive cam wines away in your ear (but then it does sound like a blower). The guy I bought the car from cut off the rollbar (with an air chisel) - who knows why. Since it's a solid no rust car I'm going to weld a roll bar back on. Already got one complete with window and getting real anxious to get it on.
Aaron Cox
for clarification - IDA's or IDF's??
JoeSharp
Meng: Sorry I didn't buy a gril cover at the swapmeet last weekend or we could make up one in a couple of hours. PM me if you would like to come by an check it out.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
I didn't like the color of a pic so I retook the pic. Here
GaroldShaffer
I like the looks of that. Maybe something else to ad to my want list idea.gif
campbellcj
Here's what I did to mine - cut off the "crossbar" thingie and ditched the bar springs and hinges, as well as the latch and cable, so it is lighter and quickly removable. (I added a handle after this pic to make it easier to lift off.)

Brando
Since everyone has such a boner for pins to hold their hoods/decklids in place, I'm going to go with Dzuss Fasteners

lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.