Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Damn, If Harley's can do it, why can't we?

Friggin sounded bad johnny ar15.gif finger.gif aktion035.gif

Blap Blap Blap

I want to drive it like this flipa.gif

Just put a bumper sticker that says "Loud Pipes Save Lives" laugh.gif and go for it! happy11.gif
mharrison
The first time I fired up my first teener I was 15 years old and at my parents house. I had the heat exchangers on, but no muffler. Kicked it off at about 11:30 at night in a subdivision. The linkage on the carbs stuck in the wide open position. I started it outside with a remote button. To say it was loud would definitely be an understatement. I had to run, get inside the car, and turn the key to kill it. So it seemed like it ran at WOT for freaking ever.

I sounded like a freaking stock car! My Dad was, shall we say, less than impressed. (He was one of the many people in my neighborhood who HAD been asleep!)
carr914
I've been driving my car with megaphones since I put my 2.5 twin-plug in. I think I'm just in line for a ticket, but until then I have a badass sounding machine.

T.C.
phantom914
QUOTE (mharrison @ Sep 11 2005, 08:45 AM)
The first time I fired up my first teener I was 15 years old and at my parents house. I had the heat exchangers on, but no muffler. Kicked it off at about 11:30 at night in a subdivision. The linkage on the carbs stuck in the wide open position. I started it outside with a remote button. To say it was loud would definitely be an understatement. I had to run, get inside the car, and turn the key to kill it. So it seemed like it ran at WOT for freaking ever.

I sounded like a freaking stock car! My Dad was, shall we say, less than impressed. (He was one of the many people in my neighborhood who HAD been asleep!)

Just be grateful that you didn't have the all too common 914 malady where the engine keeeps running even when the key is removed. ohmy.gif

Andrew
Joe Bob
I got that key removed still running problem as well in my 911....so don't feel like the Lone Stranger....

As to running uncorked.....my rides seem to have more driveability with muffs on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.