Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
What do you think? $14.99 at Autozone

Will fit perfect. How loud will it be? wub.gif music to my ears?

I could have gotten flowmaster clone for same $14.99.

Thoughts?

PS I put my 1.8L stock muffler back on, too mellow happy11.gif
qa1142
The crack mad.gif
qa1142
last pic
Tom Perso
Define "too loud" happy11.gif

I had shortened 411 pipes, then a BugPack Bus header, dumping right into a Flowmaster 40 series - then that straight into the atmosphere.

That was on my hot 2270, when it was in the bug. THAT was loud. Like, rattle the windows, hear me from 3 blocks away loud.

aktion035.gif

It should be a little louder, and sound pretty decent. Cherry bombs don't do much "muffling".

Tom
qa1142
before welding

Will they let me on a track?
qa1142
other end
Trekkor
Do it!

It'll be fun regardless.

I want to take two Bombs , shorten them and make duals for my SIX. rolleyes.gif

Find out if the tracks you want to run have db noise restrictions.
Get metered and then you will know. wink.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
brando did this on his bursch. sounds good.

trek. nice idea!! biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif
r_towle
I did it with a 2.4 liter,,,but, and a big but...I welded on a three bolt flange that allowed me to change the cherry bomb to the flowmaster look alike that they also sell.

It was to loud for the DB meter with the cherry bomb, but in a few short minutes, I changed it to the flow master...no problem...and almost no restriction,,,its made for a v8 motor...4 cylinders dont create any problem...but it seems to tune out the high notes better...

Rich
Brando
Hehehe... i see you took my advice, bought the $15 "muffler". It does sound nice... If you have sound insulation (back pad) in your car and the windows all the way up, you won't hear much more than a deep rumble inside the car smile.gif

Outside mayhaps... you'll hear much loudness followed by car alarms... rolleyes.gif
Hammy
Forgive my retardedness... smile.gif unsure.gif So you can just weld on any old muffler you want, say like in this case- to get a beefier sound? welder.gif
Andyrew
You can do whatever the f you want to your car dude...

You want a beefier sound? Take it to KB muffler on mc henry by pelendale.... Throw on a magnaflow and I think you'll love it. (glassed in muffler with almost straight through design, takes all the high notes out of the sound and leaves the low tones, for a deep throaty sound)

They do lots of under the table.

PM me if you want more details Hammy.
Aaron Cox
Triad has 3 glasspacks..... really mean biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 07:19 AM)
Triad has 3 glasspacks..... really mean biggrin.gif

I agree, has a nice rumble!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.