Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ventura Porsche Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jim_hoyland
Not a 914, but a star in his own right....
jim_hoyland
and of course, Howard...
jim_hoyland
The winner of the peoples choice award went to Russ Dobson from Phoenix. Immaculate six with 2.7L, clearly a beauty
jim_hoyland
Another peoles choice contender, a newly painted lime green 914...
jim_hoyland
Elliot Cannon's ride...
jim_hoyland
Fred is selling one of the best sixes around...
jim_hoyland
The race crowd had a few cars to show..
jim_hoyland
A very interesting car ..
jim_hoyland
'nother nice six...
jim_hoyland
Interesting paitwork here...
jim_hoyland
Nice orange 6 visting Sunday..
jim_hoyland
Interesting hood ornament, anyone know the story ?
jim_hoyland
Saratoga Top, very nice car.
jim_hoyland
Cool looking red chalone...
siverson
How much is Fred's six? Anyone have contact info?

-Steve
jim_hoyland
Rennegade Hybrids was demonstrating their awesome por-sha-roo.
jim_hoyland
Steve,

Fred is holding firm in the 30's. He had flyers.
jim_hoyland
Great looking car entered in the peoples choice. Father and son are going to begin racing this car. He said the front is a Sheridan product--gotta admit, it looks very cool.
jim_hoyland
Clean silver - blue car..
jim_hoyland
Nice car-still don't know much about this car.
jim_hoyland
The TRE motorsport car..
Aaron Cox
60 pics in my blog
jim_hoyland
Really clean red 914 with hula dancer on the dash...hmmm
Think it had afor sale sign on it Sunday.
Steve
QUOTE (siverson @ Sep 11 2005, 01:56 PM)
How much is Fred's six? Anyone have contact info?

-Steve

Steve,

I grabbed the sheet off of his car.
It has a 1987 3.2 motor in it with a velios 915 tranny.
Very Very clean car.
The sheet said over $45k invested and he wants $33k or best offer.
jim_hoyland
Nuther very nice ride..
Aaron Cox
steve - where were you today? you didnt do lunch at in n out with 20 of us or so wink.gif
TJB/914
Wow, beautiful teener's. Interesting to look at the background cars. Looks like a great outing with lots of 914's. I like the TRE Black one.

Tom
jim_hoyland
And last, and my favorite car at the peoples choice event....
jim_hoyland
My favorite...
jim_hoyland
oops...
Steve
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 11 2005, 04:18 PM)
steve - where were you today? you didnt do lunch at in n out with 20 of us or so wink.gif

Here's a picture of the Motley Crew at GAF.

Sorry I missed the lunch.
I had to get back to the home front.
Next year will be way cool since 914's will be the featured car.
gregrobbins
Interesting that the white car with the hood stripes and license "914 Euro" has side markers. rolleyes.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Steve @ Sep 11 2005, 05:40 PM)

Here's a picture of the Motley Crew at GAF.

blink.gif Motley Crew is right! Who's that tryin' to cop a feel from "Z" laugh.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Joe Bob
Steve Malm..he has very soft hands.... dry.gif
Maltese Falcon
Freds Six is proll'y the most sorted 914 out at the GAF. When I last spoke to him on Sunday afternoon...the car sold to a guy in the early 911 reg. As some deals go south sometimes for strange reasons- and if this car still remains for sale on Monday, PM me and I'll give you his contact #. BTW, it's a 3.2 with an MAF efi and has a Patricks 915.
Marty
Mike D.
QUOTE (Maltese Falcon @ Sep 11 2005, 09:54 PM)
Freds Six is proll'y the most sorted 914 out at the GAF. When I last spoke to him on Sunday afternoon...the car sold to a guy in the early 911 reg. As some deals go south sometimes for strange reasons- and if this car still remains for sale on Monday, PM me and I'll give you his contact #. BTW, it's a 3.2 with an MAF efi and has a Patricks 915.
Marty

the guy who bought Freds car is my friend Chuck Null, a 914 guy, He has owned probably 4 914s, no 911s. He has one of those jobs where he has to work all day so he rarely has a chance to come here. smile.gif He has a 2.0 that just hasn't been running for one reason or another for the last year (it's finally fixed now). And for the last 2-3 years I've been helping him gather parts for a 3.2 conversion car. Well yesterday he just decided to skip the build part and go right for the finished product. We will be sorting out parts soon and will have a lot of stuff for sale. I've got dibbs on the engine biggrin.gif and KEP flywheel if I can convince the wife. But we have a set steel flares, a 74 chassis w/5 lug, boxter wheels, and a ton of other misc. stuff that has to go.

Oh, and I get to drive the car this weekend beer.gif yeah me...

-Mike D.
Aaron Cox
heh - let me know about your current engine then mike.... biggrin.gif
Toast
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Sep 11 2005, 02:49 PM)
Interesting hood ornament, anyone know the story ?

LOL! laugh.gif

I noticed that one too. Did you notice that the pig was a piggy bank? lol2.gif Did you see the bicycle lense that that car had in the rear window for a "brake light"?

That car also had two exhausts. huh.gif So when I looked underneath it, it appers that each exhaust pipe was connected to each heat exchanger, and some red pipe about 1" in diamater ran along both exchangers. I have never seen a setup like that before and have no idea how that would work either. unsure.gif

Was a funny car for sure. /L and I were cracking up. laugh.gif
Chucks 6
Hey guys, I am Chuck Null, the lucky guy who is getting Fred's 6. I am a long time 914 guy along with the wife. This is our 5th 914. I hang with Mike D and a couple of other 914 6 owners. I was going to convert a 73 with 5 lug to a 6 with the 3.2 I have, and then the car I have admired became for sale. I jumped within minutes of seeing Fred in the sale area. I also have a running 2.0 72 that I ran for 3 years with POC. The wife and I are gearheads with several cars and bikes. The car is going to a good home.
Toast
Welcome to the come to the club and congratulations! clap.gif
markb
Welcome to the madness, Chuck! Sounds like you bought a sweet car. It looked awsome at GAF.
xitspd
cool.gif Welcome Chuck! You bought a very clean car. Start making plans to attend WCC06 in Portland next year.

Dan Callicott aka xitspd
Gint
Grats Chuck and welcome to the club. I've seen Fred's 6 in in person myself many times. It's a really nice 14.
Chucks 6
Thanks, my heart was racing as I called the wife to tell her the car was available. She made Mike D and Dave from TRE promise to help clear out the parts to build our project car. I am in DVD and we have been busy with building the business so I never got the car going. Now I can jump in and enjoy. You will see us at event. I look forward to rejoining the clan 914. BTW Mike gets to drive the car after my Co- owner take the car for a spin. I am also attaching a pic one of our friends shot on the way to the event.

Chuck
Chucks 6
Sorry about not resizing that last pic.

Chuck
iamchappy
Wow, it wont even fit on my double monitor. ohmy.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Chucks 6 @ Sep 12 2005, 05:39 PM)
Sorry about not resizing that last pic.

Chuck

I took are of it. wink.gif
Maltese Falcon
Welcome to the mid engined madness Chuck. When I spoke to Fred on Sunday he mentioned Chuck Miller as the buyer --hence the early 911-registry connection. All that car needs is love, it's got everything else biggrin.gif Fred never let water touch that car- even used dry car wash on it ! I've known him since '83, and I'm going to miss cruising in our 6's together.
You now carry that torch with pride smilie_pokal.gif
Marty
JoeSharp
Wow!!! Freds 6 is really nice. Congratulations!!! That is a really clean car. I have seen it at a lot of events, now I hope to see it at a lot of our events.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
P.S. You have PM
Eric_Shea
Any more pictures of Mrs. K? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.