Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got a picture of......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
One of these front spoilers mounted on their car?user posted image
MoveQik
Jim has an orange 75 at his shop right now with backdated bumpers and that spoiler on it....I think. Call him and ask if he can send a pic. He probably already has one. I was just up there at Patrick Motorsports on Thursday.
Elliot_Cannon
I've got one like it on my car. I'll try to send a pic later
Cheers, Elliot
xitspd
Too much shadow!
Elliot_Cannon
Just took this one. 4 inches from the pavement. Be veeeery carefull with driveways.
Cheers, Elliot
Trekkor
wink.gif
Trekkor
wink.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (trekkor @ Sep 11 2005, 10:42 PM)
wink.gif

How would you rate the quality of the spoiler? Easy to fit? I think they look pretty good.
maf914
Ron S. from Walterboro, SC, has a similar spoiler on his orange six project car. He shows it in his avatar, a front end photo of his car.
RON S.
I've had this one on the car for a couple years now.

It did take a good deal of effort,to contour it to fit.Also,it is not available pre-flared.Ya gotta do it yourself.

It turned out ok for me.

I also designed & lasered the ducting grills from 16ga. stainless and polished'em.

Ron
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (RON S. @ Sep 12 2005, 10:07 AM)
I've had this one on the car for a couple years now.

It did take a good deal of effort,to contour it to fit.Also,it is not available pre-flared.Ya gotta do it yourself.

It turned out ok for me.

I also designed & lasered the ducting grills from 16ga. stainless and polished'em.

Ron

Thanks for the pictures. I am not going to flair the fenders so that is not an issue. I have been looking for a "good looking" but actually functional front spoiler. There doesn't seem to be much out there these days.
Gary#
This one's a 'lil different; biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE ("7" @ Sep 12 2005, 11:17 AM)

Isn't that a Flexdam? That is originally what I was looking for but they are NLA. Then I have been looking for a deeper LE spoiler, which this one is the closest I could find, plus have an opening for the oil cooler which is planned future upgrade.
Gary#
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Sep 12 2005, 08:27 AM)
This one's a 'lil different;  :D

Isn't that a Flexdam? That is originally what I was looking for but they are NLA. Then I have been looking for a deeper LE spoiler, which this one is the closest I could find, plus have an opening for the oil cooler which is planned future upgrade.

Yep. You called it; It's a flexdam. I waited about 5 months before it finally delivered.
It fit close to perfect. Didn't need to trim it at all.
IMHO I think it looks less "70's" wink.gif than any of the other air dams I found available.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE ("7" @ Sep 12 2005, 10:36 AM)

Yep. You called it; It's a flexdam. I waited about 5 months before it finally delivered.
IMHO I think it looks less "70's" wink.gif than any of the other air dams I found available.

where did you get it?

Mitcom in OC?
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 01:10 PM)

IMHO I think it looks less "70's" wink.gif  than any of the other air dams I found available.

where did you get it?

Mitcom in OC?

I like those flexdams the best.

Yes, tell us where you got it.

Rand
Tacky, I know, but here's my $5 Home Depot flex dam biggrin.gif
user posted image
DrifterJay
tacky or not..gets the job done I guess...lol...
Gary#
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE ("7" @ Sep 12 2005, 10:36 AM)

where did you get it?

Mitcom in OC?

I found it in a AA catalog & ordered it...
That was before I got hosed on a different order I placed with AA.
But hey, a damn good thing I didn't call & complain about it being "available" & then after I placed my order it was "on-back-order" for five months!!!

They probably would have canceled my order if had complained. That's what AA does when you ask for shipping "status".

I've since learned my lesson. No more AA stromberg.gif 4 me.
Good Luck,
Gary#
Here's a better pic biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE ("7" @ Sep 12 2005, 05:10 PM)
I found it in a AA catalog & ordered it...
That was before I got hosed on a different order I placed with AA.
But hey, a damn good thing I didn't call & complain about it being "available" & then after I placed my order it was "on-back-order" for five months!!!

They probably would have canceled my order if had complained. That's what AA does when you ask for shipping "status".

I've since learned my lesson. No more AA stromberg.gif 4 me.
Good Luck,

I actually e-mailed AA about the flexdam they have listed, they told me it was NLA, they thought that the company that made them "lost the mold".
Joe Bob
Fiberglass Trends Mitcom 986 North Elm Street, Orange, CA 92867 (714) 532-6140
Joe Bob
Or.............

George at "Fiberglass Trends/Mitcom" (1340 West Collins Avenue, Orange, CA 92867) -- his number is 714-532-6140.
Flat VW
I have one, photo here.

LOW to the ground, gel finish quite suseptable (sp) to stones, but made to "work with" the oil cooler set-up.

John
Trekkor
The "Ultimate Air Dam" is the one you were wanting the pictures of.

I have not installed that one. I just brightened up the pics that were posted.

Here's a "Flex Dam" on my '75 from years back.

KT
Trekkor
Maybe you've seen/heard about the "Sweeper Dam"

KT
Dead Air
QUOTE ("7" @ Sep 12 2005, 08:17 AM)

[QUOTE]

"7"
Bigger Avitar
smaller photo!! happy11.gif
Rand
laugh.gif

If you're using Firefox (Netscape too I think), right-click an avatar, choose "view image" and you'll get an instant full-sized version. If IE, then I think you'll have to right-click and save it, then open it.

Yeah, 7's avatar does look better bigger! Be sure and view xitspds' too! And Shelby's...
campbellcj
I have that one too; and also just got another flavor called the "ultimate air dam" that has much more of a forward horizontal splitter but is virtually identical in the upper portion. (I cut out a large section for the oil cooler intake).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.