Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dent Pro Day - 11/12/05
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
The GGR PCA guys are going to have a "discount day" at Dent Pro in Santa Clara CA. Last year, my attorney and I took her 911SC over there for the event. Hers is the car mentioned in the note below. The work turned out very good indeed, and at a fraction of the cost of replacing or filling and painting the fender!

I don't have anything to do with organizing the event--email Joe Ramos (address below) to arrange a time.

...No, I don't think this topic really needs to be "nailed". wink.gif

--DD

DentPro Day
Saturday, November 12, 9 AM
DentPro facility at 3700 Thomas Rd., Santa Clara
Please RSVP to Joe Ramos at jmramos@gmail.com

Time to get that sheet metal back to its pristine condition? Tired of looking at that door ding that ruins an otherwise clean panel? Here's a great opportunity to do that, and at a cost-savings, too.

Over the past 12 years, it has been my privilege to work with Roger Scala of DentPro, San Jose. During those years, I've arranged these DentPro Days for the Bay Area RX-7 (BARX-7) Club of which I am also a member, and held a joint PCA-GGR/BARX-7 event last year. Members of PCA-Loma Prieta and PCA-Diablo Regions were also invited, as they will be this year. For those who attended, you know what a marvelous job Roger's DentPro crew did.

For those unfamiliar with DentPro, they provide an excellent alternative to body repair shops. Taken to a regular body shop, a door ding can be an expensive proposition requiring not only the body repair, but also a likely repaint of the damaged panel. We're talking hundreds of dollars here. With DentPro, through the artistry of getting behind the dent/ding, they massage it out.

DentPro's normal pricing is $89 for the first small dent in a panel, and $45 for any others. Their pricing goes up to $189 per 4" dent, so they can handle that softball dent. At this year's event, we will receive a 20% discount. In most cases, no repaint is needed. In each case, DentPro will examine your car, point out any blemishes that you may have missed (and I guarantee there wil be some), and provide you an estimate before beginning work.

Last year, amongst all the other "normal" repairs, they did a repair that astounded me. One of the older Porsches had a ripple on a curve in its rear quarter panel, probably about 4 waves over a 6" x 2" space. I thought there would be no way they could straighten that out. When they were done, unless you knew exactly where the damage had been, you could not see it. Absolutely amazing!

To start the day, Roger will provide bagels and smears, and coffee. He will also have drinks for us to soothe our throats as we bench-race and tell lies about our cars. At noon he will provide a tasty lunch of burgers and dogs. And a Starbucks is right next-door for the caffeine addicted.

This year's DentPro Day will be on Saturday, November 12, beginning at 9 AM at the DentPro facility at 3700 Thomas Rd., Santa Clara. This is immediately off 101 at Montague Expwy. We will schedule in 3-4 cars per hour. However, you are welcome to come early and leave late, just hang out to see all the cars passing through.

Please RSVP to Joe Ramos at jmramos@gmail.com, giving an idea of how much work needs to be done on your car (number/size of dents and location), and a requested time. If the time requested is filled, I'll provide alternative times.

Hope to see you there!
neo914-6
I bought my 18" Technos from Joe...

Is anyone or any car invited? You know "some" clubs are "exclusive". laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Well, it's the local Rx-7 club and GGR together. Plus I asked Joe if I could bring my CRX (needs a couple of dings ironed out), and asked if I could tell the local CRXers about it. He said yes... So I'm betting that at the very least you can bring any Porsche out with no questions. I know there weren't any questions last year when my attorney and I drove up.

--DD
Sparky
So the real question is, why is Dave riding around with his attorney in HER Porsche!?!? wink.gif

Well inquiring minds want to know, we got rumors to start and trash to talk... biggrin.gif

My best,
Mike D.
Dave_Darling
Hers was the one that needed the paintless dent removal... This year, my CRX does.

--DD
phantom914
QUOTE (Sparky @ Sep 12 2005, 06:50 AM)
So the real question is, why is Dave riding around with his attorney in HER Porsche!?!? wink.gif

Well inquiring minds want to know, we got rumors to start and trash to talk... biggrin.gif

My best,
Mike D.

A better question: why is Dave hanging around with the "local CRXers" cool.gif

Is that why we don't see him around here as much? laugh.gif

Andrew (who is just kidding and has nothing against cars of any brand wink.gif ) (You should see what I drive unsure.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.