Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: surging after warm-up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stecz
My '73 2.0 (stock FI) is having a problem... Before it warms up completely, it runs very strong and smooth, but after warm-up (oil temps over 180 degrees), it tends to surge and the motor just feels "flat", not the power it usually has. The valves are adjusted to spec. Has anyone else seen this? Do I look toward ignition or fuel?

It never feels like it's going to stall, and it idles fine...

The only non-stock part of the FI is that the cold start injector is disabled. (It was leaking).

solex
Does it seem if the idle is hunting? I had an idle hunting problem when warm it turned out that the PO had too much advance. I found TDC and mark the fan and timed it appropriately and the hunting dissappeared.

Bleyseng
What MPS are you running? Have you tested it with a vac pump?
914efi
Check for vacuum leaks. Whatever richness present during warm up could be masking a lean condition when fully warm due to vac leaks.
stecz
What's the correct way to make the mixture richer? Up the fuel pressure?
markb
Worn out TPS?
bd1308
QUOTE (stecz @ Sep 13 2005, 08:58 PM)
What's the correct way to make the mixture richer? Up the fuel pressure?

fix the vac leaks....
Stieve
My 73 1.7 does a simular thing and at 3000 to 3500 it surges, It has Pertronix pick up and a New Pertronix coil put in today.
Rand
How's the dwell?
Stieve
Mine is electronic
Rand
Hey Stieve. About dwell, I was addressing the orignal poster.

In your case, how do the tracks in the TPS look?
Stieve
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 2 2006, 11:21 PM) *

Hey Stieve. About dwell, I was addressing the orignal poster.

In your case, how do the tracks in the TPS look?

Don't know...what tracks? Unclear as to what I am looking for. Throttle Position switch on the throttlebody...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.