Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CONGRATS! to Mark B's GF!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Mark Britell's significant other, Marcie Fricia, took home the trophy for her 2nd zone 8 concours in a row! One of the stars of the GAF. WAY TO GO, MARCIE! Did it virtually all by herownself, too. That SC's so shiny, light just slides right off ......... For those of you that missed it, she drives a Bamboo Beige 1982 911SC, and she humbled the competition. In fact, the guy next to her left in a huff. A beautiful bright blue turbocharged huff, matter of fact.

While I'm at it, it was nice to meet a whole slew of 914 clubbers at the swap meet, and to see again many I already knew.

The Cap'n
Carlitos Way
Nice to meetcha too, Cappy. Love the hat!!!

C.
Toast
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
markb
I'll download pics from the camera tonight. It was a rough evening. To make a long story short, we got almost to the house, stopped to get a sixer & something for dinner, and the SC wouldn't start. A quick call to the Cap'n, and found the CD unit was dead. Had to wait an hour & a half before a flatbed from AAA could get there to tow us the last half a mile home. Bummer, to say the least.
On a brighter note, Marcie really did kick a$$ at the show. I'm very afraid that once I get the Blue car back from paint, I'm gonna have to try & make it as clean as hers, just to be able to live with myself. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm more the "put gas in it & drive it like ya stole it" kinda guy.
It was nice to put faces to the names of a bunch of fellow club members. I was a bit saddened not to have been invited to join in on the picture taking or the lunch, but I must have looked really busy.
It'll be nice to get the SC back on the road, since Marcie won't have another show for 6 or 8 months, so she'll start driving it again.
Better get back to "work" now.
pete-stevers
agree.gif how can you do that to us...... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 12 2005, 10:30 AM)

It was nice to put faces to the names of a bunch of fellow club members. I was a bit saddened not to have been invited to join in on the picture taking or the lunch, but I must have looked really busy.

Buncha elitist pigs ................... Prolly just jealous 'cause the Thunderbus is faster than their teeners. No pix with us in 'em, either .............. At least we have the satisfaction of having the closest thing on the central coast to a real Philly Pepper Cheese Steak sandwich while they had to settle for In 'n Out .................... The Cap'n
Toast
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 12 2005, 11:30 AM)
I was a bit saddened not to have been invited to join in on the picture taking or the lunch, but I must have looked really busy.

Hey, Hey Hey, now wait a minute. I invited you, but you said that Marcie had made you some sandwhiches, or had something make up already (dont really remember).

Sooooooo tongue.gif
markb
Sorry, Toast, you're absolutely right! I forgot. huh.gif There's a local sandwich shop close to the GAF with awsome philly cheese steaks, and Marcie & Lyn were gonna get some for us. My apologies. blink.gif
Toast
No problems. Just don't ever say I never invited you to do anything. biggrin.gif
Duffster
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Good on ya!!! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 12 2005, 03:16 PM)
No problems. Just don't ever say I never invited you to do anything. biggrin.gif

Still didn't invite The Cap'n. Of course, The Cap'n wouldn't associate with anybody without enough sense to avoid dining with him ............ The Cap'n, still savoring the memory of that Philly Cheese Steak with sweet and hot peppers on the side .........
Rusty
That's very cool... congrats to Marcie! smilie_pokal.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
SGB
A cheesesteak isn't really a cheesteak unless it comes from the Philladelphia Steak Co.
edit: i wanna see the car!
Rusty
QUOTE (SGB @ Sep 12 2005, 09:01 PM)
A cheesesteak isn't really a cheesteak unless it comes from the Philladelphia Steak Co.

Or... a cheesesteak isn't really a cheestake unless you subtract the letters "es". happy11.gif
SGB
"cheese- teak" a rare wood used in boat fondues
markb
I'm croppin' the pics now. I'll have them up soon. smile.gif
markb
markb
#2 (with the 2nd place turbo in the background) cool.gif
markb
Money shot biggrin.gif
markb
Spotless interior
Maltese Falcon
Congrats on the win Marcie smilie_pokal.gif
It was nice to meet you and MarkB at the show. We all wanted to stay longer but my son Matt wanted to get his new '74 home and torn apart smile.gif Next year's 914 event will be a blockbuster !
Marty
markb
Babe shot. wub.gif

She's gonna kill me for posting this. biggrin.gif
markb
It was nice meeting you & your son, Martin. I'll have Marcie log on when she gets home from her Mary Kay meeting so she can see this. I'm bringing the 914 next year, so I'll be able to hang out with the Club members & not have to shill parts (sorry Cap'n).
SCQT
Hi everybody,
Thank you for all the nice comments and congrat's! That was very nice of everyone.
As Mark said, I will be looking so forward to getting to drive my little car once again.
However watching it being towed away on that flatbed tow truck yesterday totally "traumatized" me. I'll have nightmares for weeks sad.gif I should begin therapy asap. biggrin.gif
Marcie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.