Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Door vs. 1975 Door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nor.Cal.914
I need to know if there's a difference between a door from a 1972 914 and a door from a 1975 914. Let me know. Thanks
-Chris
davep
Yes, lots of differences. However, a complete door assembly can be switched. A door shell cannot be switched without most of the other parts.
Rusty
Dave is on the money. Gonna move this thread from the classifieds to the tech forum... I'm sure others will chime in with exactly what those differences are. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Dave_Darling
I believe you need to change the side seal on the roof when you change to the early door (which will have the early window in it).

The main differences that I can think of off the top of my head: Early door has the early cable-driven windows. The late door has the late gear-driven ones. They changed for a reason... The late door is much heavier because of the side-impact door beams. Weight is bad, but crash protection is good. The vinyl patterns are different between early and late doors (I believe they changed for the 75 model year). Details about the window crank handle and the interior door handle are different, but they should be interchangeable. The seals for the window (the ones mounted on the door) are different as well.

That's what I can think of offhand.

--DD
Porsche Rescue
The door glass is different. The early style has a metal channel on the front edge of the glass with four small rollers which slide in the front window guide.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 12 2005, 06:49 PM)
I believe you need to change the side seal on the roof when you change to the early door (which will have the early window in it).

agree.gif otherwise it will *LEAK* (ask me how i know headbang.gif ) ...

the side seal on the targa top are different for early and late cars ...
cool.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.