Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: are there any tricks to separating the
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
after dropping my motor yesterday, i want to separate the two. My first gear slips out and want to take a look at whats going on.

any ideas on what to look for?

this is my first time.
ArtechnikA
no tricks.
Aaron Cox
remove the bolts biggrin.gif
fatlando
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 10:24 AM)
remove the bolts biggrin.gif

THATS JUST WHAT I THOUGHT!! AAAAASSSS! You guys think you're smart cuz you can read!

Thanx biggrin.gif
URY914
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
pete-stevers
I think.....i am not sure....but .....I think there are four.....Eh? biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (fatlando @ Sep 12 2005, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 10:24 AM)
remove the bolts  :D

THATS JUST WHAT I THOUGHT!! AAAAASSSS! You guys think you're smart cuz you can read!

Thanx biggrin.gif

They're not giving you the whole story! You also have to remove the nuts from the lower studs! The Cap'n
Twystd1
I had the same problem a couple of years back...

No problem...... Easy Fix...

I had Aaron show his butt crack in the garage at my house.........

The tranny fell off from the laughter..............

Twystd1
Dave_Darling
Only one trick: The through-bolt that holds the starter on. You remove the nut from the engine end of that bolt, instead of unscrewing the bolt from the starter side. 'Cause you can't get a socket or wrench on the bolt-head on the starter.

--DD
DrifterJay
yes you can wink.gif ...be creative
lapuwali
You can actually completely replace first gear without separating the gearbox from the engine. Indeed, you can completely remove the gear stack w/o separating them. If you just pull the rear cover, reverse and first are right there. You can even do this with the engine and gearbox in the car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.