Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help on purchasing rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kilo123
hello, need help in determining if these are a good deal. 5 rims and tires. factory 914 rims. how much do they go for.

thx
Trekkor
I've seen sets of four with no tires go for $200-800 depending on condition...

KT
Porsche Rescue
If the tires are good and you can use them, $600 would not be too much, especially if they have lug bolts and/or center caps.
kilo123
thank you, very helpful. biggrin.gif
lapuwali
For a set of five, if they all look like the one you can see, are easily $500 with no tires at all. Note the tires are mismatched, but you might be able to get some use out of them. I'd jump all over that set if I had the cash right now.

If you're running steel wheels now, you will need a set of longer lug bolts. Search here for some advice on getting them relatively inexpensively. Most of the parts places will charge $10-15 PER BOLT.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Sep 12 2005, 07:08 PM)
If the tires are good and you can use them, $600 would not be too much, especially if they have lug bolts and/or center caps.

If they are new tires, mounted and balanced, with good "real" Fuchs, center caps and lug bolts, I'd consider $600 a great deal. Real Fuchs in good shape will bring no less than $100 each and more like $150 each (IMHO - just try and buy some, those damn VW guys have drove the prices up).

If the tires are flat spotted, or old, it's not worth paying shipping for bad tires, so that's a consideration.
ArtechnikA
i can't tell from the fronts if those are real Fuchs.
if they're cast repro's, their value is *considerably* less.
kilo123
the seller is asking for 350$, i plan on going over to pick it up. before going ill call him and ask if they are fuch rims and if there are center caps and lugs included. if there are any other questions i should ask give me a heads up..

thx thx thx biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Aren't there little fox heads in the casting behind the wheels on original Fuchs?

KT
DanT
on original Fuchs there is a VW logo and a 914 part number on the back of each wheel.
Also, the original wheels have a raised lip similar to a steel wheel while the aftermarkets have a flat outside rim profile.
$350 sounds like a great deal for 5 especially if they all look as good as the one shown...Have you seen good pics of all 5?

I would as for that before a trip to pick up. Make sure all are originals and are in straight condition.
Polishing is something that can be accomplished with some various grits of sand paper and mag wheel polish along with some time and elbow grease, by yourself.
Good luck clap.gif
pete-stevers
yup 350 is a great price if they are in good cond, I sold a set of four without tires for 400 a few months back
JoeSharp
You can tell the OEM ones from the others by the the Tracks The Fox leaves.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JoeSharp
Thers that Little Kritter.
JoeSharp
What is the wheel in the back ground???
boxstr
One of these.
JoeSharp
Sorry Craig: I don't own any Pedrini's. They are Mahles.
boxstr
Joe, I guess you should know.
CCLINMAHLEME
Tobra
I am going to get a set of pedrinis today(cause they are my faves), 5 wheels with lugs and caps for $400, not a mark on them that I could see. Got 5 Fuchs with the car,(4 like new, the spare got dinged by a fireman) for $500 with rotten tires(no I am not selling them).
bjorn jacobson
Fox head or Fox hat?
kilo123
darn, the guy sold it before i could get a change to take a look. missed out on a potential good deal.
JoeSharp
Yep!!! Took me a year and a half to get the wheels I wanted and all of a suddon they where everywhere...
Tobra
Exactly, I was looking for some Pedrini or Mahle 4 bolts, and found some the week I sold the car I wanted them for dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.