Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Am I missing something?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cdmcse
A heater lever for $300, seems like a scam to me.

Heater Lever Auction
double-a
betcha that's a typo, seller probably intended to offer the item for $3.00.

~a
Lou W
Look at the bids wacko.gif
qa1142
I'll sell them mine for $295!

Look at the bids huh.gif
morph
It is worth a little more because it is a console heater lever, but $300 is a bit much. We sell them regularly for $45. I have 6 in the parts storage, so that means I have a small fortune in heater levers. laugh.gif

Hiedi
Dead Air
I want it!!
I been looking for one of those for
for
for...A long time! bs.gif
markb
I'm sure we've got a couple in the parts stash. Sell a few & I could get my wheels refinished. laugh.gif
chilli
Just proves what I have been saying for years. "You do not have to be smart to own a porsche"

mike biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
very very interesting wacko.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Oh shit! Oh dear!! I just gave one of those away!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Cheers, Elliot
rhodyguy
DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE RED KNOB? the center console style lever i have in the 73' has more of an up turn than that one. weird auction. dry.gif

k
RON S.
Someone here needs to begin marketing all our garage stashes. wink.gif

We're all rich, smilie_pokal.gif We just don't know how much.

Someone better get going on this so we can retire with bank accounts that'd put all those Dot-Com millionaires of the late '90s to shame. beerchug.gif

Ron
STL914
All it takes are two people with lots of $$$ and little
sense. That is just amazing. And I thought I lucked out when I sold a tow bolt for $35 last year.

I'm pulling mine from my car and e-mailing the second highest bidder right now!
davep
I had been thinking of bidding because mine has a bit of rust. I might consider paying $45 for a mint one if such is available.
bd1308
wonder what some of my stash will sell for on ebay??/

idea.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 13 2005, 10:14 AM)

idea.gif

Kentucky stash is trash....to wet....plant doesn't have the need to produce resin to protect it's leaves from the hot sun.

No money.....................
TROJANMAN
there is something not right with that auction. price went from $50 to $100 with nothing in between idea.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 13 2005, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 13 2005, 10:14 AM)

idea.gif

Kentucky stash is trash....to wet....plant doesn't have the need to produce resin to protect it's leaves from the hot sun.

No money.....................

heh.

the "kentucky stash" grows all around here...

henry, hardin, warren counties...

it was in the paper...

apparently the police is now using infrared and X-rays to see high levels of heat raidating from the hydroponic lighting systems.....and also can use helicopters to catch large patches of it growing....

if there's a will there's a way, KY is a drug hub...kinda sad actually. but oh well.

now the plant I would like to grow is the beryllium MPS diaphragm plant....oh and the D-jet wiring harness plant...and the steel flares...just clip, sand and install.
rhodyguy
just rechrome the one you have. it will be perfect. heck of a lot cheaper way to go than that used one.

k
dbledsoe
The same guy who won the lever for $300 recently won a bid on the entire console for $355. He must definitely be hard up for a console type lever if he's willing to pay $55 less for the lever than he paid for the complete console with gauges!
bd1308
what is going on here?

ya think its a scam and the seller and buyer know each other and they are just making the 914 look like a real rare-super car?

i dont get it, but i'm currently taking my console out to sell on ebay....along with my armrest....

only $650
94teener
It is weird for sure, $300 is significant cash. I think I have at least one spare part as nice as that. Any buyers?

Ebay buyers sometimes shock me. I once put a pristine set of early seat belts on eBay. I almost croaked when they sold for $500.00 flat. I almost wish I had those
belts back.

Phil
bondo
Ya know how sellers sometimes put a link to a site that sells the item new so they don't have to be as detailed with the description? The prospective buyer can just go to that site and read that description.. Well I have seen at least one instance where the auction for a used item on ebay ended higher than the new price at the site that was linked to in the auction itself! And that included taking into account shipping... You really have to work at it to be that stupid.
gregrobbins
I know the seller. Purchased several items from him and visited his home. He is a real 914 lover, and lurkes around here a fair amount. I always found him great to deal with.

Strange auctions for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.