Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Tangerine Super Header BADLY!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Well, Last week on the dyno I was able to bolt on 16HP to Tom Burdges F Production 914 engine just by swapping to Racer Chris' Tangerine header...

Tom had reservations about swapping his exhaust that has been working "OK" for years to Chris' system but when he saw the dyno differences it all changed- (o one listens to me until they see the graphs and data logs)

Since Chris' systems are handbuilt he could not build one fast enough for Tom before the runoffs so I was going to disable my car anyway so I decided to send MY exhaust to Tom for the runoffs.... Well Fed Ex lost the damn thing!!!!

So we are stuck- we need some gracious soul that wants to see a teener do well at the runoffs to let us borrow/rent a system.. All we need is the header and phase 9 silencer- the rest of it we already have....

Who has one?? we only need it through next weekend, please help us get this baby up in front of the field!!
rick 918-S
Dude..16 HP is like crAZY! I can't help with a system but I can aid in the bump. icon_bump.gif
Jake Raby
Yep- Thanks..
I worked ALL DAY tuning the engine and simply made no headway... I saw the trends and they lead straight toi the exhaust being suck ass....

After the swap 16HP was made and 1,000 RPM added to the powerband... After a jet change and timing change the final result was a 24HP increase in just 3 pulls...

Exhaust is "part of the combo" and no one seems to get that through their thick skulls...

I NEED THAT HEADER!!!!!!!!!!
eeyore
I bought Racer Chris' used one from his street car, but it wasn't to be shipped until after he had time after runoffs.

Email sent to you both. You two can work out shipping?
Jake Raby
Thanks!

But Chris said he probably has zero time to get it removed from his street car before he has to leave for the run offs himself..
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 12 2005, 10:01 PM)
Thanks!

But Chris said he probably has zero time to get it removed from his street car before he has to leave for the run offs himself..

You could ask Chris who bought his used one off his race car, (I missed it by 2hrs) I found the post, buts in the recycle bin:
FS: Used Tangerine Super Header!
$400

I, believe the purchaser, even paid for new SS stub pipes.
ChrisFoley
1) C'mon, somebody needs to ask Jake which header Tom was using. wink.gif
2) Dominic bought my other header. He lives in Williamsburg Virginia.
3) Since I have Mark's permission I can try to find time to remove the street car header. I have to finish rebuilding my backup engine first though. Last night I got the crank assembly completed. I'm trying a new camshaft which means there may be some unexpected extra work involved. Maybe Tom wants to drive up here from NJ and do the removal himself, to pick up 16+HP. biggrin.gif
4) I have a brand new Evo Header at my shop which belongs to William Harris. With his permission I could sell this one to Tom, and make another after the Runoffs for William.
william harris
Well, once again we see what this club is all about. Chris, you have my blessings to sell my new Evo header to Jake/Tom. God Speed and take home the trophies. beerchug.gif
DNHunt
Kudos to all you guys.

Now go kick some butt

Dave
Jake Raby
Okay! Once again the 914 club pulls through!!!! EXCELLENT!

Its going to be funny to see what happens with Chris running MassIVE power and Tom also running MassIVe power and Tom running Chris' exhaust system AGAINST HIM!!

Now thats one hell of an advertisement, when your product is so good that your competitor buys one from you!

The exhaust that it spanked like nuttin was the European racing system... with the Euro system peak HP was only at 6,000 RPM! When no tuning in the world would bring that up any higher I knew the exhaust was the culprit- adding the Tangerine raised the peak HP ton 7K on the first pull and then 7,500 on the second pull and at 8,000 RPM the difference was TWENTY SEVEN HP over the Euro Race set up!!! TWENTY SEVEN!!!!!

After seeing this I refuse to build an engine for a teener larger than 2056 that doesn't use this exhaust system- I'm not kidding... Its a waste for me to do all my work for the exhaust to limit my capabilities- no more... Its like polishing a terd.

I'm sure Tom will be happy!
Dominic
Jake,
I have the used Header I bought from Chris with a new set of improved stub pipes. Let me know if you still need to borrow it.
Dominic
ChrisFoley
With William's blessing I am selling his header to Tom Burdge, and I will make William another one as soon as I return from Ohio.
I hope Tom realizes how lucky he is, because everyone else waits about 10 weeks to get one. I almost took the header to Airborn for coating on Monday, which would have made it unavailable for a couple of weeks.
I've proven in the past that I'm a better driver than Tom so I'm not afraid of him having equipment equal to or better than mine. cool_shades.gif
Besides, if I lose to Tom I still win. biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Will it be televised? If not, I hope someone (Chris/Tom) posts a link to some cockpit footage! driving.gif aktion035.gif .....LOVE watching that shit!!
spunone
Jake ya should of shipped it with Jill LOL cool_shades.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 13 2005, 07:04 PM)
Will it be televised?

Speed Channel will air the F Production race on December 18th at 1pm Eastern Time. Mark your calendars!
There will be live online timing at SCCA.com. There you can see the position of each car as it crosses the start/finish line after each lap, and see the lap times of each car. The race is Sunday Sept 25th at 11:55am Eastern Time.

The E Production race is Saturday Sept. 24th at 4:15pm and will be aired on Sun. Dec. 11th at 1pm.

I expect to have in-car footage online within a couple of weeks after the race. smile.gif
Speed Channel has in-car cameras available to be included in their broadcast. The price is $2000. Anyone up for another fund-raiser? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.