Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Redneck Engine Stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary#
Works 4 me beerchug.gif
type47
now, wouldn't a "redneck" engine stand have the engine on an old couch or a washing machine or something? cool.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah...those are for the double wide.... dry.gif
Demick
I think I win for redneck engine stand. I used a benchtop engine stand bolted to a 4x6 beam which was clamped to a portable workmate table. At the other end of the 4x6 beam, I wedged a 2x4 vertically between the beam and the ceiling to keep the whole thing from tipping over.

At least I would put a jackstand under the motor whenever I wasn't working on it just in case.

But I didn't to this because I was too cheap to buy a real engine stand - I did it because I only used the stand for 4 weeks and don't have room to store a floorstanding engine stand. The benchtop engine stand is nice and small.

Demick
scruz914
QUOTE (type47 @ Sep 13 2005, 07:30 AM)
now, wouldn't a "redneck" engine stand have the engine on an old couch or a washing machine or something? cool.gif

Kitchen table...... laugh.gif

For more stability you could alternate the direction of each layer. I like the adjustable height!

-Jeff
Gary#
2 cool!!!
But I win for "cheap" - the wood was free. $2.- for "hard as nails" epoxy to
hold it all together. biggrin.gif
GWN7
I always thought the best place was on the coffee table........that way you could work on it while watching NASCAR wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.