Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who is doing CF or Fiberglass work?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Looking for fabricator that does CF or fiberglass....

I have a 3.8 wing that didn't sell at GAF and I might as well make an obnoxious track wing out of it....like this.....

user posted image

Just need the TOP piece...I can make the end caps and the extenders.....

BTW...pic stolen from TRE.... bootyshake.gif
URY914
Mike,
PM "street-legal go cart" he is a f/g and c/f guy. He may be able to help.
Tell him I sent ya.

P
Joe Bob
Thanks....I emailed him.

Looks as if they retail 650-750 for the top wing (FG vs CF)PLUS the price of endcaps and extenders....

OUCH....
scotty914
wow 650 bucks, i could do on of those foam core, AL spar, fiber glass skin for 200
914werke
hijacked.gif Mike wheres a good motorhead bar to grab a beer at this eve here in santa barbara? Goin to play some business golf at Glen annie in a bout a hr. after that confused24.gif
Joe Bob
If you have a vehicle and don't mind a 15-20 minute drive up the San Marcos Pass....I would go to Cold Springs Tavern. It's ass deep in biker's on the weekends with live music. During the week it's a bit quieter, has an excellent wine cellar, fresh game, including Buffalo and Ostrich from the SY Valley.

If you like local action, the Brophy Brothers Fish Restaraunt on the "working pier" is gud...not the tourist pier.... wink.gif It's across from the City College.

Brophy's caters to the local fishing fleet and the in crowd....Mrs. K and her SO liked the Ciopinno with cheese.

Joe's Cafe on State Street gets really hopping in the evenings, best "pour" in town.....bring a designated driver or cab it....
Mrs. K
chowtime.gif Mmmmmm....Brophy's be good grub!!!

Lisa mueba.gif
Joe Bob
BTW....the Glenn Annie Golf Course is out in Goleta about 15 minutes "north" (really west) of Santa Barbara

BTW2, foam core....hmmm, gud idea....not like there aren't any surfboard shops in town....
Joe Bob
icon_bump.gif
street legal go-kart
Mike,
Building stuff like this is baby dodo.
Thanks for the setup Paul!
However we can build something much more appealing from scratch and I can't help but wonder what the flow pattern over that hodgpodge is. I bet you would not have one straight stream of smoke or telltail if you put that thing in a wind tunnel.
Most people don't realise that a non turbo 911 w/a turbo style wing is 8-10 mph slower on a straight than a non wing car. I will say that the car w/a wing is easier to drive ohmy.gif
However I will build to suit , just provide basic size and airfoil shape. If you don't know what to do for shape we have a program from McDonald Doug that does a fair job of suppling airfoil or wing shape.
Let me know what your end result is ie: downforce verses top end ect.
Time frame is also a bitch right now as we have 3 boats in production , I have an additional startup business in its second month and I leave for the IHBA event in San Diego tomorrow to help with the top fuel hydro team.
Miss Mari told me I am not only burning the candle from both ends but have lit it in the middle as well beer.gif
Oh well us type A's burn bright, it is the test to see how long I can sustain this level however.
Let me know what you want.

JT
Joe Bob
You have a PM.....
Joe Bob
Oh and stability at high speed is MORE important than a few more miles per hour at WOT...

BTW...I have access to a wing that you could copy...it has a "funny lump" as it was manufacturer's second....
Joe Bob
More pics..

user posted image
Joe Bob
Mas....

user posted image

URY914
confused24.gif Don't you want to make it higher?
Joe Bob
Mine doesn't have the top piece

Looks like this.....

user posted image
Rand
Hey Paul, you mean like this?

user posted image
street legal go-kart
Mike,
Sorry for the delay,
We had a 80-85 degree near blowover in testing yesterday and just fininshed fixing the hull . 27 hours straight and we are now drinking beer as the engine crew reinstalls all the gofast stuff.
If you have something we can make a mold from that will speed things up .
Even the wing with a 'Bump' will make things a lot faster as far as producing a viable product as long as we can grind on it ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
I will be home on Monday and will call you or you can contact me at mic@talusproject.com
Have a great weekend and all of you pray for Tommy Hayes our driver,
he's gonna need it!

JT
Joe Bob
Not a hurry...this is a rainy winter project......I have PM'd my phone number....

I can bump this a few times to bug admin....becuase I can...... cool_shades.gif
street legal go-kart
Well we ran well into the 210's today which was better than expected.
Tommy can pedal it , and has much faith in his crew!
All three passes broke 200 and he claims he shutoff at 3/4 track all three times, but engine/tele is still not giving us complete data so we can't confirm.
If all goes well tomorrow we have a good chance to run with the big boys smilie_pokal.gif
I'll call you next week and we can talk about what you would like.
Do you want that Cannard style?

JT
Joe Bob
So how do I get ahold of you?
Between October 1 and 25 would be good.....I can ship the wing to you to copy....

Can you send me a PM with your contact information?
Joe Bob
JT????

you out there????

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.