Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuse block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
Would one from a VW, well another VW, work?

Like this one, standard beetle or bus for the '70s
bd1308
no.

it needs holes on the sides to screw itself to the car...

i had one but it went to 914GT with his wiring harness.
Aaron Cox
Jwest makes a bitchin fuse panel replacement smilie_pokal.gif
914GT
I still have it by the way.
bd1308
QUOTE (914GT @ Sep 13 2005, 01:59 PM)
I still have it by the way.

did it work out for you....I didn't see the masking tape marking what each and everything went to....sorry about that, I would have re-wrote what was on the tape...
Tobra
I don't need one now, I was just wondering. I am lookin to the future, when all the unobtainium the car is made of will require a soul transplant. I figure a lot of the electrical problems people talk about are just corroded contacts, higher resistance, leads to heat, and then to headbang.gif
scottb
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 13 2005, 02:57 PM)
Jwest makes a bitchin fuse panel replacement smilie_pokal.gif

yepper....

put one in my car and it works great. extra slots too for adding on stuff in the future.....

why try and rig something when a modern fuse block is already available?
lapuwali
The bullet-type fuses also suck rocks. Modern ATO blade-type fuses work much better, and don't tend to flake out like the bullet variety usually do.
brownaar
Check the resources section, Engman and JWest both make replacements. I have one of Engman's and it is a nice product.
Tobra
okay, okay, I can always use the sack of bullet fuses on the bug, since I will almost certainly still be maintaining it too. How much are those things, aobut $75 or so?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.