Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some neat 914 memorabilia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
While being stuck on a bunch off BS conference calls today I was working on cleaning up my desk and found these in my pencil holder. Looks to be early 70's vintage beer bottle caps, anyone know which one? Reinlander (sp)?
GaroldShaffer
Also got this SCCA patch off from ebay last week. Funny thing this is my SCCA region. I knew they had class.
Joe Bob
At the time(1971) SCCA liked 914s.....PCA wouldn't even acknowledge that they were Porsche's....now it's the opposite....
ArtechnikA
Ranier is a PNW brewery...
sixnotfour
Ranier is a PNW brewery...

Was , now its Seattle's Best Coffee or something like that.

RRRaaainnn niiiieeerrrrrrrrrr , Beeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr from a TV comercial.

motorcycle going through the gears.

Those are cool, I like the patch beer.gif
mharrison
The bottlecaps are awesome. That is the kind of thing that is probably hard to come by. (All having been thrown away typically)

I LOVE GOOGLE!

For more than 60 years the Rainier Brewery and its giant red neon 'R' were Seattle fixtures. Rainier beer was originally a product of the old Seattle Brewing and Malting Company in Georgetown, who brewed the beer until the state of Washington went dry in 1916 (four years before a consitutional amendment made the whole country dry). When Prohibition ended in 1933, Emil Sick bought the brewery and operated it quite successfully until his death two decades later. Rainier changed owners several times over the next forty-five years, until Detroit-based Stroh Brewing finally sold the brand to Pabst in 1999 and closed the Rainier Brewery. (The brewery now serves as the headquarters and roasting plant for Tully's Coffee, while Rainier beer is now produced at a brewery in Olympia.)

As Emil Sick's Rainier Brewery prospered in the post-Prohibition 1930s, a rumor began to circulate among angry Tacoma citizens that Sick had paid off a Washington committee (with free beer) to influence them into designating Mount Rainier as the official name of the nearby majestic 14,000-ft peak over the locally favored choice of Mount Tacoma. Although businesses have often used some outrageous means (both legal and otherwise) to promote themselves, this rumor was the product of imagination and not substance. What to call the mountain now known as Mount Rainier had long been the subject of dispute, but that question had been officially settled well before Emil Sick revived the Rainier Brewery in 1933.

Mount Rainier was so designated in 1792 by British Captain George Vancouver, who named it after a friend, Rear Admiral Peter Rainier, and published that designation in his journal six years later.

user posted image

user posted image
Tobra
Friend of mine was a fishing guide in Montana. He came in off a week long canoe trip, and his client from back east was dying of thirst after a week without a beer.

Gave him a 16 oz bottle of Ranier(remember those fat bottles?) Guy chugs it and says it was the best beer he had in his life. Drinks a second one, he asks, "What is this crap? Apparently after his thirst was quenched, the bloom was off the rose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.