Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Shift Lever?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I'll post a WTB but does anyone have or know of the whereabouts of a -6 shifter with the hand-throttle (including the rod)?

Maybe you've converted to a Rennshifter etc...?

Thanks,

E.
Dave_Darling
I believe that the shifter itself is the same as the -4 part. I think the hand throttle is a separate part... And, of course, that's what you want. BTW, the bellcrank on the pedal cluster is different on the Sixes, because it has an extra tab for the rod of the hand throttle to push on.

--DD
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 13 2005, 05:36 PM)
I believe that the shifter itself is the same as the -4 part. I think the hand throttle is a separate part... And, of course, that's what you want. BTW, the bellcrank on the pedal cluster is different on the Sixes, because it has an extra tab for the rod of the hand throttle to push on.

--DD

IIRC - they have a slot for the hand throttle to pass through correct?

michel richard
The slot is there on the /4 shifter plate.
JWest
Dave is right, even the side-shift shifters have the slot for the hand throttle. You just need the hand throttle parts, which have been outlined well in past posts with pictures and diagrams.
North Bay 914
Eric, the 911 parts are similar, I have most of what you will need. I was told my extra one is a 911 part. It is missing the part that bolts to the tunnel to support the rod and the plastic tip for the rod. The actual throttle bellcrank for the six is the same as the four, but has a small tab spot welded to it for the rod to push on. Let me know if you are interested.
Eric_Shea
I have the -6 bellcrank. I guess I need the the lever and rods and suspension point.

Martin, whatcha got?
North Bay 914
Hey Eric, I am at work until 02:00 tonight, I will take a photo of the one I have tommorrow. It has the black knob that says throttle. However it is the more flat style, instead of the correct 914-6 type....
lylegd
I have several pieces of the hand throttle for sale but it is not complete. I have the 914/6 hand throttle lever and also the 914/6 bell crank that mounts to the clutch pedal cluster. I do not have the actuator rod or the L shaped bracket/bushing that mounts inside the tunnel or the black plastic handle tip. Both items are NOS parts bought from Mittlemotor about three or four years ago. Turns out I don't need them for the CIS motor I installed. You might want to check Mittlemotor's website too to see if all of the parts are still available. For whatever it is worth, the L bracket/bushing could be fabricated out of sheet metal and the rod could be made by adapting the rod that couples your accelerator pedal to the bellcrank. This rod already has a ball and socket joint on one end, a steel ball tip on the other end and its length is adjustable, but its overall length would have to be increased by welding in a piece of rod or tube in the middle. If you have access to a welder, this would be easily overcome. This would be fully functional but not OE so it depends on your needs.
Lyle
North Bay 914
Here it is Eric...
North Bay 914
2nd shot...
North Bay 914
I know someone who has the support bracket for the tunnel, but I am not sure if the person will sell it. I can prvide good photos of the one I have for my car if need be.
Eric_Shea
That all looks pretty groovy. Thanks Martin. I'm not too interested in originality as this would be for the GT clone (74 car). I actually think the "Throttle" text is nice.

So that's a -6 rod or an early 911 rod? Soulds like all I would need now is an L bracket which again, sounds fairly easy to mfg.

Easier than expected. When do you want your hubs? biggrin.gif
North Bay 914
Eric, I am still saving to afford the conversion. Forward me your address again and I'll send it to you now...
North Bay 914
The rod I have is the same lenght as the one on my 914-6 part...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.