Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just became a member of the 914 turbo club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
click here smilie_pokal.gif

http://www.914turbo.com/
redshift
You can't be a member of a 914 turbo club.

M
airsix
No. 2 cool.gif
phantom914
You can't turbo a 914club.

Andrew
redshift
Yes, you can't.

M
Carrera916
I think I'm number 7.....what can I say? I love turbos!

j
Maltese Falcon
I'll join tomorrow, it will be 9/14 a good day !
marty
neo914-6
Are tt Audi allowed? rolleyes.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
beerchug.gif May all you Turbo guys, always have unlimited boost at your back, and may detonation only be, a figment of your imagination. happy11.gif
Andyrew
Amen.

(944 turbo guy)
Jake Raby
Just wait to see what 2006 brings to the 914.... The entire year of R&D is dedicated to forced induction here.. More later.
lotus_65
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2005, 07:50 AM)
Just wait to see what 2006 brings to the 914.... The entire year of R&D is dedicated to forced induction here.. More later.

jake, just please make a flavor that keeps the heat exchangers in place so i can consider it (i've been studying the 2270 performer a lot!)
airsix
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2005, 04:50 AM)

All hail possitive manifold pressure. clap.gif

-Ben M.
Sammy
All your boosts are belong to us wink.gif

boost is gud.
jwalters
I feel a little bit turbo--you feel a little bit turbo???

beer.gif welder.gif
MattR
Why turbo a four when you can turbo a six?

:ducks for cover:
jd74914
QUOTE (MattR @ Sep 14 2005, 04:52 PM)

laugh.gif
Sammy
You can't turbo a club.
A baby harp seal walks into a club........................... rimshot.

A penguin drives his car into the shop and tells them mechanic it's leaking alot of oil.
The mechanic says "it looks like you blew a seal".

The penguin wipes off his chin and says, "no, I was just eating ice cream".

Thanks, you've been a great audience. don't forget to tip your waitress.

Beer time. beerchug.gif beer3.gif givemebeer.gif beer.gif
Andyrew

Why turbo a six when you can turbo an 8?

hehehe
Jake Raby
I will be concentrating my Turbo development on smaller engines.... The smaller displacements with an efficient Turbo I believe will make more usable power, will be cheaper to build and will be VERY reliable without all those things that I preach about happening internally when a TIV is Turboed...

The first one will be based on the 2016 "Super 2 Liter" platform and will utilize roller lifters..

We have just added a new member to our RAPP (Ring of Aircooled Precision Performance) and he comes to us from the Rice rocket world.... He is a Turbo Guru and one hell of a fabricator of exhaust systems and Turbo plumbing, he even makes his own intercoolers.....

The 2680 EFI, Direct fired, Twin plugged, Intercooled Turboed beast I'm building for a customer in Denmark is sure to be one hell of a power house- it utilizes LN Engineering's 911 Turbo Nickies in the RSR bore size of 102mm for Strength and better head sealing capability (retro-fitted of course)... It's case is in my big Mill as we speak, a whole lotta hoggin' goin' on with that big boy!
airsix
QUOTE (MattR @ Sep 14 2005, 01:52 PM)

To tide me over. Really. It only took two weekends to turbo the -4. Now I have ~130hp to get me by until the six (or a wrx2.0) is ready instead of the anemic 80hp I had before. If it exlpodes in an oily eruption of busted chunks of aluminium, steel, and magnesium it won't bother me one bit so long as the replacement engine is ready to go in at that point. I mean it's a 100k mile 1.7. I couldn't GIVE it away. Might as well squeeze all the blood out of it I can. happy11.gif

-Ben M.
914-4 1.7L unofficial land-speed record holder
iamchappy
My car will be all together again next Spring, I will have the long Winter to sort out all the little details, the car will have nice Fuchs, a fresh coat of paint and the engine will be a real full blown boosted blast at 400 projected hp.
at last I will have a beauty and a beast, instead of a beat up looking beast.
Dave-O
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Sep 14 2005, 07:57 PM)
My car will be all together again next Spring, I will have the long Winter to sort out all the little details, the car will have nice Fuchs, a fresh coat of paint and the engine will be a real full blown boosted blast at 400 projected hp.
at last I will have a beauty and a beast, instead of a beat up looking beast.

What color did you decide on? Orange? smilie_pokal.gif
iamchappy
Still struggling with that, I like black confused24.gif I like orange, I am slightly leaning towards black again but my mind wacko.gif changes from day to day huh.gif. Black would be easiest at this point since every inch of it is black except for the cars original color wub.gif signal orange paint chips showing through here and there. dry.gif
soloracer
I vote for orange and black tiger stripes. Think of diagonal jagged edge black stripes on a nice orange body. Just the paint job for the animal that it's going to be. How about it? wub.gif
iamchappy
Sounds cool if it were a race car, My daughter is embarrassed to be seen in it with the hood orange.
Orange for the sake of being much easier to take care of is a deciding factor, Black looks so nice when kept clean and Black seems to fit the image of a turbo car.
My original car was Phoenix Red and I always liked it over my brothers Black car for pure sportiness and the contrast with the Black rockers and sail panels.

If I go Black again its an easy respray, Orange and I will have to strip it completely down and remove every last thing on it.
airsix
A low-slung curve-hugger with 400hp per ton? I think black is required for that. It is 'fitting'. pray.gif

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.