Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: moment of silence for a great POC member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
For any of you long time POC (SoCal) members, our respected friend Topper Chasse has passed on. I first remember him in his orange 9146 doing hot laps at RIR and Willow Springs back in 1978. He was a talented driver, and I always admired his skills on the track. He always had something good to say. He will be missed.
Friends can celebrate his life tomorrow 9/14/05 at The Church of the Calvary, 4201 Whittier Bl. Whittier, CA.
My condolences to the Chasse family.
Marty
My condolences to the Chasse family too.
I Met Topper at Riverside in the 70's driving his -6

Topper, next time I see you we will both be driving our -6's- RIP
xitspd
I am sorry to hear about Toppers passing. He was a fierce competitor on the track and a very focused businessman. POC #1 will be missed.
Cap'n Krusty
Just about the end of an era. One of the founding forces in POC, as I recall. We talked at some length at the Ustabedunkel's swap meet last spring. Mostly about who's still around, what happened to people we knew, and the old days when time trials were filled with 356s, with a 911 now and then. He and Speedy Livingston, as well as John Uphoff, kept me focused on the things I could do to keep competitive in my daily driver 356A 1600NH coupe. Walked right up to me, close to 40 years after I last saw him, and we picked up right where we left off ................... The Cap'n
campbellcj
Very sorry to hear about that. I only met Topper once, and didn't truly realize who I was meeting at that time, but learned more of his near-legendary status later.

This pic is from an HSR West event at Willow 3 years ago - from what I recall he was really showing the young bucks the way around the track, that day. His lap times in this car were like 10+ seconds quicker than I currently run in my car which is quite similar. pray.gif

RIP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.