Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Brake Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
Family,

I had my Longs done by MIKES 914s in Cobourg Ontario (AWESOME JOB!!).

In so doing, by parking brake indicator light no longer lets me know when the brake is engaged.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE THE PUSHBUTTON SENSOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE AND WHERE THE WIRE THAT SENDS THE SIGNAL ORIGINATES FROM (i.e. transverse brace OR along Drivers side longitidinal etc).

Thanx in advance!

T

ClayPerrine
Take out the driver's seat. There should be a brown with a white tracer wire coming out of the tunnel on the left rear, behind the driver's seat. It should follow along the firewall, and turn forward on the driver's long, then go into a hole with a grommet under the park brake handle. It connects to a switch mounted in the crossmeber. The switch is identical to the door jamb switches for the dome light.

When the park brake is down, it presses the switch, opening the circuit. If you ground the wire and the brake warning light comes on, then you know the electrical part is working.

Hope that helps.
aveale
Clay,

that is exactly what I needed.

Hope all is well in Tx.

T
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (aveale @ Sep 14 2005, 09:58 AM)
Clay,

that is exactly what I needed.

Hope all is well in Tx.

T

I wouldn't know.. I am in AZ on business. 1200 miles from my teener.. sad.gif

Let me know if that helps.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.