Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got another 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
I picked up another 914 yesterday. I thought it was a parts car but after poking around on it I realize it's a pretty good tub. Very good longs and floors, battery tray rough but intact, hell hole has small rusted through area, firewall looks ok so far. The exterior body is very straight and rust free, no bubbles on the cowl joints, some near one tail light. It's an early car, fixed passenger seat. The interior is trashed but mostly all there. No engine or trans but I got some 1.7 heads, FI parts and engine tin with it. Not sure of the year and it has no title. I don't think this car deserves to be scrapped and I'm not up for a full restoration project so I don't know what to do with it. I'd start stripping the good stuff off it but if someone wants it I'll wait. Anybody interested? I can get vin# and some pics tomorrow.
johnmhudson111
If you part it out I could use two of these seat tilt adjustment brackets and the bolts to hold them in place.
Hammy
Save it.
GTeener
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

How do the bumpers look? I could use a nicer front chrome bumper & upper bumper rubber.

No title? ohmy.gif Heed the tale of #4 happy11.gif
JmuRiz
Agreed, save it or sell it to someone that will. A good tub is a good thing! Does it have a VIN? That'll let you know what year it is.
Dang, that's the cleanest interior I've seen (the seat bracket pic)!!!
Hammy
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Sep 14 2005, 02:03 PM)

agree.gif blink.gif
Gint
Piece it together and drive it until you get the other one fully sorted. That's my plan...
SpecialK
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Sep 14 2005, 03:03 PM)

Gotta be Doug Leggin's car. wub.gif
Gint
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 14 2005, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Sep 14 2005, 03:03 PM)

Gotta be Doug Leggin's car. wub.gif

It is indeed. Shoulda mentioned that earlier. Sure is purty!
Tobra
Do you need the title to make it a race car? It is already light, and you need to have tranny anyway, so pick up a side shifter, some rebuildable 2.0 motor, a kit with a nice cam and intake, get the heads done, or even just clean them up a little yourself, a nice stinger in the back, paint it bumble bee colors stick a Dodge Super Bee sticker from a pick up on the top on and run it. If you have the time, you could put together a sweet little car for pretty cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.