Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i am about to buy a 1974 914 4-cylinder,any advise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche944Turbo
I need advise/comments before buying a 1974 914 porsche
markb
Yeah. Buy some jackstands, and a lifetime membership to AAA.

laugh.gif

Seriously, we need a lot more info before we can make any kind of educated advise.
porsche944Turbo
Well, the interior seems to be somewhat worn out. The engine has 120k miles, the car also need a new exhaust, seems to be running, but kind of rough. Body is straight, with couple of rusted areas. Is that enough to get this started. By the way, the asking price is $1500 OBO
Thanks for the comments
redshift
smile.gif

You are buying a core/roller?

Miles
GWN7
Car runs?

You took it for a test drive?

It's all there? As in no parts missing?

Smog current?

Need pictures to comment further........
porsche944Turbo
Smog is ok. I dont know about all the parts being there? Dont really know what u mean by that? I dont have any pictures, but you can consider the usual worn to a 30year-old car. Is the price low, high, ???????
markb
Is it currently a driver, or has it been sitting for an extended time? Currently registered? Salvage title? What's the battery tray & hell hole look like? Pics would help a lot. There are so many variables, can you try & be really specific? How big of a hurry are you in? Can you wait for a local 914 owner to go & look at it with you?
porsche944Turbo
Im going to go see the car tommorrow, possibly buying it? The title is clean, weekend driver, second owner of the car, first passed away. I have not actually seen the car in person, just by some unclear pics and detailed conversations with owner.
GWN7
well it sounds like a good deal.....so far.

Have you read the 914 buyers Guide?

Take a look HERE

Take pics and post them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.