Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Beck Spyder Power/IRS Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
went to the Beck site. you seem to have your choice 4-cyl swing axle.
ok - that's consistent with the original, no complaints there.

i know we have some people here with more or less familiarity with the frame.
would it be possible to convert to IRS using 6-cylinder power and 914 trans/diff?

914 content: i have had an offer to buy my /6 shell and if i could find an interesting (far future) project for the driveline it'd make that option more attractive...
Jeroen
dunno man... I think you're gonna regret selling your /6 further down the road

check on the spyder forums (don't have the link here right now) for the IRS info
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Sep 15 2005, 09:29 AM)
dunno man... I think you're gonna regret selling your /6 further down the road

need the space, need the cash.

(i am open to donations of, oh, $8500 that would allow me to keep the car. anyone?)

i won't sell the '53. it makes no sense to sell the 911.
we need this house. Joy hates the /6. i have to admit that my zeal diminished a little every time i had to move it...

if we can put together a house financing deal that does not involve selling the car before it's sold, i'll yank it from the market. if we can't do the house deal, we'll have to move and that will *definitely* involve cash...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Gary @ Sep 15 2005, 09:36 AM)
Thunder Ranch has a -6 option on their 550 replica

thanks !

DeDion and a Panhard rod hmm...
there are worse suspensions...
xitspd
Randy Beck is Chuck Beck's son and a very serious and talented 914 pilot and fabricator. Call him at 909-948-3468 or 909-224-8272, he will have answers to your queries. Old POC buddy! Give him my best regards.....

Dan
BIGKAT_83
Chuck Beck himself was driving this car and one of his Listers at the Yearone Road Atlanta event last spring.

Bob
Jake Raby
All that weight.......Its not needed, nor the extra work thats associated with it. It can be done, but why when a TI or TIV fits easier, weighs 150 pounds less and done right will propel that vehicle to 0-60 in 4 seconds flat..

I do a TON of engines for these cars, most of them are death traps with even 180 HP.

Here is one exceptional "Replica" thats getting "Super Hero" RAT power.. Its the "Mighty Spyder".. Its coachbuilt all by hand, and its not fiberglass.

user posted image
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 15 2005, 03:11 PM)
...why when a TI or TIV fits easier, weighs 150 pounds less and done right will propel that vehicle to 0-60 in 4 seconds flat..

"it's paid for..."

i presume yours was not an offer to provide such an engine in exchange for my stock 2,0 /6 engine...
Dominic
The guys at Vintage Spyders were building a 550 to utilize the 914 tranny (independent rear suspension), but I have not seen the finished product. You may want to inquire if you are interested. He builds an awsome Spyder compared to the other choices out there. Take a look at the website and look at the frame of the Vintage Spyder, it is very strong and much safer than the others I have looked at. I have also heard some horror stories about thunder ranch....do your research.

http://www.vintagespyders.com/
airsix
Dan,
That young lady in your avatar works very hard to maintain her figure. She would be heartbroken to see the J-Lo effect of your avatar aspect-ratio settings. Try 79x125 (instead of 125x125) and she'll stop crying.
Mark Henry
One of them will only fit a type 1 engine....can't remember what one though.

Jake Raby
Vintage has done many of the 901 boxed IRS cars with my TIV engines... They were doing them as early as 2001.

xitspd
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 15 2005, 12:54 PM)
Dan,
That young lady in your avatar works very hard to maintain her figure. She would be heartbroken to see the J-Lo effect of your avatar aspect-ratio settings. Try 79x125 (instead of 125x125) and she'll stop crying.

wub.gif 79x125 is the way I remember her!

Thanks,

Dan
Eric Taylor
Man Jake That car is unreal, what craftsmenship to re-create that guy out of metal, That's just a work of art.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.