Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Reflector Opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnmhudson111
I have a later model 911 center reflector that I am thinking of putting on my car. I like it because it is different that the normal center reflectors that you see on 914s, normal meaning red with black letters. Here is a picture of the reflector I have. I just did a mock up tp see what it would look like before I cut it to fit.
johnmhudson111
and 2
tat2dphreak
I like them... I *think* skline has one like that IIRC

search for ghost reflector
bd1308
i barely see the lettering....

is it better in real life
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 15 2005, 10:31 AM)
i barely see the lettering....

is it better in real life

A little, it isn't the best picture. Here is a picture of one on a 911. I think they were on 87-89 911s.
johnmhudson111
Here is what it turned out to look like....
johnmhudson111
and....
johnmhudson111
and....
gr_elvis
I personally would like to have one that lights up. But then I guess Im weird... idea.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (gr_elvis @ Sep 19 2005, 11:45 PM)
I personally would like to have one that lights up. But then I guess Im weird... idea.gif

I don't know about the older center reflectors but this one had a solid grey backing. There was no way to seperate it that I could see.
Mueller
too much PORSCHE, makes the car look cheap....get rid of the spoiler or the reflector smile.gif
Dion
John,just an opinion. I agree with Mike. I like the reflector but having the spoiler spell out Porsche is just too much. Lose the spoiler,or find one without the lettering. But again the reflector looks good. Just an opinion wink.gif
horizontally-opposed
Silver with brown seats...very C-GT methinks idea.gif

pete
xsboost90
i liked mine til the car was done, then i thought maybe i should have just shaved the lock and left it off.
dlo914
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Sep 15 2005, 06:55 AM)
I like them... I *think* skline has one like that IIRC

search for ghost reflector

yup scott has one lying around in garage...awaiting to be put onto the shalom biggrin.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Dion @ Sep 20 2005, 09:40 AM)
John,just an opinion. I agree with Mike. I like the reflector but having the spoiler spell out Porsche is just too much. Lose the spoiler,or find one without the lettering. But again the reflector looks good. Just an opinion wink.gif

You know what they say about great minds thinking alike.....unsure.gif

Yea, I agree with you both, I am going to have the lettering on the spoiler filled in when it is painted to match the body color.
Brando
I like mine as it is with the black lettering and reflective backing. Not installed yet, but will be once I get a rear cable system setup.
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 20 2005, 02:44 PM)
I like mine as it is with the black lettering and reflective backing. Not installed yet, but will be once I get a rear cable system setup.

I have one the rear cable releases and it is sweet....

Only one problem I have is with the spoiler on the trunk lid the will not "pop" up enough for the pin to relase. Is there a spring in the latch assembly that I am missing? idea.gif
Engman
I have one the rear cable releases and it is sweet....

Only one problem I have is with the spoiler on the trunk lid the will not "pop" up enough for the pin to relase. Is there a spring in the latch assembly that I am missing?  

Nope - heard of this before though. Try adjusting the pin/ spring arrangement in the trunk lid. The position (is it properly centered or not)and how much it is engaged (more/ less compression on the spring in the trunk lid) will help you.

M
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (Engman @ Sep 21 2005, 01:30 PM)
Nope - heard of this before though. Try adjusting the pin/ spring arrangement in the trunk lid. The position (is it properly centered or not)and how much it is engaged (more/ less compression on the spring in the trunk lid) will help you.

M

Ahhhh, I am missing the spring on the pin. I thought there was supposed to be one on there. I will have to find one o correct the problem.

The cable release is working great, was one of the easiest mods I have made.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.