Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally. An alternative fuel I can support.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
Biodeisel made from cats*. laugh.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif clap.gif

DISCLAIMER: I do not support or endorse cruel acts against animals. I am an animal lover. HOWEVER, I AM FED UP WITH PEOPLES CATS. My neighbors many cats have ruined the paint on 3 of my cars, keep me up at night, kill the wildlife I feed in my backyard, use my garden as a litterbox, and stalk and stress the birds of prey I periodically care for as part of a rehabilitation project. If they all dissapeard my neighborhood would be a better place. They are an unnatural artificially sustained population of free roaming predators - a social and environmental menace. Flame on if you must.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 15 2005, 12:08 PM)
If they all dissapeard my neighborhood would be a better place.

Suppressed Ruger
use with discretion.
i suggest a night-vision scope, since you are not in the People's Republic of Kalifornia (where such devices are banned).
jet1
You sound like my cousin. He moved into a house with a population of cats living next door. now he spends a good portion of his free time on his back porch with a supersoaker water gun.

HarveyH
Many years ago my aunt and uncle had a cat problem in their neighborhood. They caught it in a humane trap (a white Persian), hosed it down with detergent to cut the oil in the fur, and then liberally applied red food color. Didn't hurt the cat, but it never came back...
H.
morph
i have two cats,they come runnin when i feed them but it got way out of hand when like five or six other cats came runnin up when i would feed mine.and they would stay out of your reach.so i couldnt grab em.Hiedi started freakin out when i was shooting them dry.gif .so i started a catch & release program. laugh.gif so i built a trap that was pretty kool. i release them about 15 miles away in a field.we live in a very rural so we get alot of cats dumped out here and wild ones too.one mourning i walked out the door and ther was a skunk standing there looking at me eating too.ned less to say he never lived to tell about the tale ar15.gif
james
airsix
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Sep 15 2005, 08:22 AM)
Suppressed Ruger
use with discretion.
i suggest a night-vision scope, since you are not in the People's Republic of Kalifornia (where such devices are banned).

Thanks Rich, but I just don't have it in me to kill 'em. It wouldn't be hard, and I'm equiped for it - I just can't bring myself to do it. It's wrong for people to let their pets damage my property but it would be wrong to murder their pets. Just couldn't do it. I gotta find a 'diplomatic' solution (aka mild temporary discomfort, fear, or some other non-lethal deterent). Maybe I should get a coyote. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
There is a motion detector sprinkler that is a great cat/animal deterant. $49. It's one of those that shoots an adjustable stream of water. I think it's called an occilating sprinkler. Just it coming alive with air & spurts of water is enough to freak out any cat.

Scare Crow

.........b
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 15 2005, 01:35 PM)
It's wrong for people to let their pets damage my property...

aha.

i thought they were feral cats.

my neighbor in NV used to catch them, neuter them (had it done, actually...) and let them live out their lives (feeding them on my property which was borderline OK, although i still think he shouldda used his own...). he spent lots of money in the process but i don't think he did as much to reduce the population as the coyotes did.
Howard
Chinese restaurant controls our local population.
airsix
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Sep 15 2005, 09:45 AM)
There is a motion detector sprinkler that is a great cat/animal deterant. $49. It's one of those that shoots an adjustable stream of water...
.........b

Thanks for the ideas. The problem with that is it would also scare away the quail, partridge, songbirds, squirrels, and pheasant. I want to welcome those species and only repel cats. Other forms of wildlife are welcome, but my yard is only big enough for one predator. Me. wink.gif

-Ben M.
airsix
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Sep 15 2005, 09:54 AM)
i thought they were feral cats.

Nope. (technically it isn't feral if human-fed) About half are stray and half I'd call semi-domestic. Sleep outside & porch-fed. Maybe half of them are indoor/outdoor cats. Next door neighbor has at least 6. Probably another 1/2 dozen regulary seen 'neighborhood cats' in and out of the backyard. Spay/neuter is $40-$80 according to my neighbor, so people just don't seem to do it.

-Ben M.
morph
I only paid like $30 to have my cat spayed. There is an organization here that will spay/neuter feral cats for free, if you trap them.

Hiedi
airsix
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Sep 15 2005, 10:56 AM)
There is an organization here that will spay/neuter feral cats for free, if you trap them.

Hiedi

idea.gif Hmmm... Now THAT would be nice. I'll have to see if we have something like that here. thanks Heidi.

-Ben M.
zymurgist
My property is patrolled by Pit Bull Inc. (see avatar). Funny how cats tend to give my yard a wide berth. She's never caught one (fortunately), but she did run one up a tree on two occasions. I think it was the same cat both times.
zymurgist
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Sep 15 2005, 01:56 PM)
There is an organization here that will spay/neuter feral cats for free, if you trap them.

I wish there was such an organization in West Palm Beach, Florida. The feral cats are totally out of control there (warm weather, no predators) and my mother is paying to spay some of them out of her own pocket.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (airsix @ Sep 15 2005, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Sep 15 2005, 09:45 AM)
There is a motion detector sprinkler that is a great cat/animal deterant.  $49.  It's one of those that shoots an adjustable stream of water...
.........b

Thanks for the ideas. The problem with that is it would also scare away the quail, partridge, songbirds, squirrels, and pheasant. I want to welcome those species and only repel cats. Other forms of wildlife are welcome, but my yard is only big enough for one predator. Me. wink.gif

-Ben M.

Ahhhh, I thought this was happening at night. Usually the cats do their hunting of quail, partridge, songbirds, squirrels, and pheasant while roosting/sleeping.

.....b
Katmanken
Please Don't Turn us into Greasel!!!!!!!!!!
airsix
dry.gif
JB 914
i put cayenne pepper on the fences of my property. i put cocoa shells as mulch in the gardens. seems to have eliminated the cat problem.

however, people still walk their dogs and let them crap on my lawn. i should get a bb gun and shoot the owners in the ass. ar15.gif
Katmanken
Evil Kitten attempting to ruin the paint on Ben's teener AND pee on the seats.... Mr Weasel aproves.....happy11.gif
Joe Bob
As long as they aren't dogs....
Redshift aka Miles....
Hawktel
Put me in the pro cap in the cat's ass camp.

Me and the GF have 2. One is okay. Its annoying at times, but it thinks its a dog, so its almost okay.

The other one doesn't know that only the GF is saving its crappy life from a date with a 22 slug.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Sep 15 2005, 03:07 PM)

however, people still walk their dogs and let them crap on my lawn. i should get a bb gun and shoot the owners in the ass. ar15.gif

My Great Grandma had a solution for this...

She waited for the man that always walked his dog down her street to let it crap on her prefectly groomed lawn.
Gran calmly walked out while the dog was doing his buisness and asked the man if he had a hanky. He said he did & pulled it out. She asked if she could use it. Once he gave it to her she bent down, picked up the dogs crap, folded the hanky over it & put it in back in his hand saying "take your dog to crap elsewhere"! He never came back! beer.gif

.......b
Rider914
QUOTE (zymurgist @ Sep 15 2005, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Sep 15 2005, 01:56 PM)

I wish there was such an organization in West Palm Beach, Florida. The feral cats are totally out of control there (warm weather, no predators) and my mother is paying to spay some of them out of her own pocket.

Spay Shuttle Program
Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control
7100 Belevedere Rd
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
561-233-SPAY or 561-233-1261
For cats and dogs of low income county residents who provide proof of residency and income, the Spay Shuttle provides very low cost spay/neuter, rabies vaccination, and a county license tag. People must go to the Spay Shuttle between 8 and 9 am with their clean, leashed dogs or cats in carriers. Pets go home in the afternoon. Call for details.

Animal Rescue League
3200 North Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL
561-686-3663

Palm Beach Cat Rescue
292 South County Road, #247
Palm Beach, FL 33480
561-655-8245
Low cost spay/neuter program for ferals.

Safe Harbor Animal Rescue
Jupiter FL
561-747-1598
Low cost s/n for cats and dogs.

Safe harbor is a good place. . . have her try there.
Look me up next time you come to Floriduh!
Mr.C
Heh funny story. I was talking with a gardner and it turns out he is the gardner of a well off Chinese restaurant owner. Well in one corner of the flower bed close to the back patio he is always finding cat flea collars. Not one or two but a whole bunch of them always piled up. Oh and on the back porch there is this huge cooker contraption....................maybe he is making bio-diesel? rolleyes.gif
MecGen
2 Words

Coyote Piss

buy it at your local Hydro shop, or web

piss

Took care of a nasty Ground hog war I had...Be advised...

smilie_pokal.gif

They usually return where they came from...
Later
zymurgist
Thanks, Rider914. I passed that along to my mother.

Where are you? When I'm in town, I stay with the folks in Lake Worth. Usually around Christmas season...
airsix
QUOTE (MecGen @ Sep 16 2005, 04:35 AM)
2 Words

Coyote Piss

Cool. That might just do the trick. Thanks.
-Ben
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.