Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cone type air filters and rain?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
OK I neet to make some sort of removable rain hat for my air filter before moab next week. Colorado weather in Sept can be pretty exciting, (we had snow on the pass yesterday huh.gif )

I have some idea's on how to box it in but wanted input from the group.

I have a GT style engine lid, and when closed I only have 1/4 inch of room between it and the air filter.

I want it removeable, because other than overnight trips away from home there is zero chance this car see's rain.

Pic so ya know what i'm talking about

Any Idea's

sixnotfour
1gallon bleach bottle, zip ties smoke.gif Hey its white and cheap.

Nice Engine and Engine bay pray.gif
machina
I run these fg hats in the rain or when I trailer the car. One of the members here makes them but I forgot his name, sorry.... confused24.gif

I have seen a simple sheetmetal rainguard on cone filters. Bet you could make one pretty easy with some tin snips and a couple hose clamps.
Aaron Cox
like dis?

user posted image
user posted image
machina
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 15 2005, 02:04 PM)
like dis?

dah aktion035.gif
Ferg
Aaron, that looks pretty nice, is it a K&N part, I went on their site but found nuthing.

Ferg
sixnotfour
hijacked.gif
Ferg are you or related to the ferguson's that use to PCA race the irish green 914-6
They were from CO. also

Saw them autocross come into pit area, change suspension settings and go out and race on the track. 95 Portland Parade
Ferg
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Sep 15 2005, 11:38 AM)
hijacked.gif
Ferg are you or related to the ferguson's that use to PCA race the irish green 914-6

Saw them autocross come into pit area, change suspension settings and go out and race on the track. Portland Parade

No relation. Wish I had family into porsche's

Ferg
bd1308
QUOTE (Ferg @ Sep 15 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Sep 15 2005, 11:38 AM)
hijacked.gif

Saw them autocross come into pit area, change suspension settings and go out and race on the track. Portland Parade

No relation. Wish I had family into porsche's

Ferg

me too....

dlo914
available at your FLAPS. i remember seeing this @ work (Autozone).
Aaron Cox
they can get em at your flaps......

or just make one mi amigo biggrin.gif

a piece of sheet metal folded over.... oooh....
JmuRiz
No solution, tear out that crappy motor and give it to me, I'll trade ya, haha.
Just make one...el-cheapo is the best!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.