Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Question but ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Obviously the car has not gotten a lot of use (still in the restoration mode!), but how do you turn the bright lights on? I did note that, like the 911, the turn signal stalk can be pulled toward you which I assume flashes the brights (does not on mine?). But, unlike the 911, the on/off switch for the brights is not on the stalk - unless mine is broken.
Gradskater
my first chance at helping another member! I know the answer. The turn signal should turn on your brights if you pull/click it toward you. click on. click off. thats on a 1970 model.
phantom914
Pulling back on the turn signal stalk turns the brights on (if your headlights are on wink.gif ). Pulling back again goes back to normal headlights. You might have a bad relay, fuses or wiring.

Andrew
bd1308
this was just brought up maybe two days ago, use the search function in the future.
bondo
I never got those to work, but then I never really tried to fix them either. I did check the bulbs though. How goes the Adobe restoration project? Did you resolve the paint issue?
gklinger
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 15 2005, 12:34 PM)
this was just brought up maybe two days ago, use the search function in the future.

huh? bd? nah, who is this really?
bd1308
i like games, tell me what's your favorite scary movie?
Allan
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 15 2005, 01:21 PM)
tell me what's your favorite scary movie?

Death of the BD anus monster. laugh.gif
Rouser
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 15 2005, 03:34 PM)

Found an opener for that can-o-worms, huh?

Next time? Shhhhh ... user posted image
bd1308
no the can opener is saying that I have a SBC and love it and it works better than FI...

biggrin.gif

alfred.gif seems to be stealing people's identities around here.....
Toast
hijacked.gif ...OVER!

Now, back to the subject.

As far as I know, the bright/dim headlight switch is only located on the left steering handle that is used for the turn signal lights.

You may try pushing the left turn handle on your steering column away from you. If that does not work, then you may have a broken relay switch in the column/ switch assy. ( I hope I said that right. unsure.gif )

markb
You'll find the fusebox under the dash, on the left side. 2 screws & it drops down. The highbeam relay is the silver square one. I'd bet it's bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.