Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Day in Indy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Help me out guys, this morning I went out to my garage to get out the lawn mower to cut the grass.
Well, that's when it happened.

A can of tire cleaner sprung a leak and sprayed all over one of the tires on my Range Rover ohmy.gif
Now the tire is all clean and shiny and I'm worried that it may have some long lasting side effects.

To make things worse my neighbors little boy was over and actually sprayed some of that stuff on
one of the 951's wheels.

I'm freaking out here! mad.gif

Please help as I'm out of my mind.
kdfoust
ROTFLMAO!
scotty
Hmmm. Maybe you should find some cats... laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Contact your insurance company and see if they will pay for repairs or if it's totalled.
Aaron Cox
when all else fails, get some wine and cheese! beer.gif
GWN7
Borrow the neibours dog and let him sniff the tires. That will take care of your problem.
nebreitling
laugh.gif

i am laughing my ass off here. someone needs to post a link on the 911 board to this thread.... f-ing tire cleaner laugh.gif .....
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 4 2003, 07:01 AM)

I'm freaking out here! mad.gif

don't panic!

take the complete wheel off and have it acid-dipped.
it's cheap and it'll get rid of any trace of tire-cleaner!!!

Andy
madd_dogg_914
Ummmmm, was this a serious post? If so I don't think something designed to be sprayed on to a wheel is going to have a negative effect on a tire as that was probably something in the equation when the chemist that designed the stuff had to deal with. Task: make a wheel cleaner that is safe for tires. I don't think they would sell the stuff if it damaged tires. Just go buy another can and clean all of the tires the same way, that way your car will match!

-Chris laugh.gif
KaptKaos
The proper way to take care of this is as follows (be sure not to skip ANY of these steps):

1) Send the kids to boarding school.
2) Send the misses to a 3 day spa and pay for a skin peel
3) Hermetically seal the garage.
4) Open your latest copy of the Sharper Image Catalog and purchase anything made of leather.
5) Shave your body completely.
6) Put on your best suit/shirt/tie/shoes.
7) Put on either latex or rubber gloves.
8) Place the leather Sharper Image item on the ground next to the offending tire.
9) Kneel on the leather item from the Sharper Image.
10) Lick the tire clean.
11) Be sure to have both sparkling and still water at hand to help cleanse the palatte.
12) Celebrate your mechanical accomplishment with a 1990 Château Beausejour Duffau, some triple cream brie and a baugette.

Voila, problem solved.

Have a good day.

- Joe
Aaron Cox
lol- i think the car's a complete loss! oh no! time for some chardonay and some guda!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.