Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My newest aircooled driver!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
What a beast she is!!
user posted image

All 2.5 stump pulling liters!

user posted image

You can read a lot more about it here on my forum Pinz Post

I love this damn thing, its more fun to drive than a 914!

I just need to do something about that damn 911 style fan, bastard is too loud and sucking up all my power ohmy.gif
user posted image
Qarl
I know a guy who can build you an engine for it!

stinky

Just kidding. piratenanner.gif
street legal go-kart
Jake,
You are what my mama [Who lives in Little Five Points, Ga.]calls a WERDO!
Thats a good thing!

Cool ride.
JT
Jake Raby
Damn Qarl... you actually made me click on that site! My freakin computer almost exploded!

Yep, I have two engine cores on the way... first mod internally will be a set of custom Nickies (thanks Charles) and a bit of added displacement, I'll settle for a modest 3 liter for now...

SGB
oh wow.
You gonna drop a real RAT motor in there?

where in the world did you get it?
bondo
What's the bolt pattern? Looks like it could use some 16" fuchs and GT flares! biggrin.gif
cbenitah
hey its the swedish army car amde by volvo...

VALP is the name for it

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jake Raby
Its the same bolt pattern as a Mercedes Uni Mog... Centerline has a wheel that bolts right on..

I found it just up the road from my shop believe it or not, a lot of them are popping up here because This guy is located just down the road and we are in an excellent area for utilizing one of these beasts.

The 3 Liter would bolt right in... burnout.gif but I'd rather develop some components for the OEM engine... The new "IN" thing for the rich guys is a Pinz so I wanna make them open their wallets a tad bit as well...

There is so many possibilities with this engine, its freakin huge already and has *plenty* of room to grow.... I do believe I could build a 4 liter on this platform!

That Swedish Army Volvo has a FUCHIN RADIATOR!!! No damn radiators allowed on this property, what are ya, crazy or something!!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 15 2005, 08:29 PM)
Its the same bolt pattern as a Mercedes Uni Mog... Centerline has a wheel that bolts right on..

I found it just up the road from my shop believe it or not, a lot of them are popping up here because This guy is located just down the road and we are in an excellent area for utilizing one of these beasts.

The 3 Liter would bolt right in... burnout.gif but I'd rather develop some components for the OEM engine... The new "IN" thing for the rich guys is a Pinz so I wanna make them open their wallets a tad bit as well...

There is so many possibilities with this engine, its freakin huge already and has *plenty* of room to grow.... I do believe I could build a 4 liter on this platform!

That Swedish Army Volvo has a FUCHIN RADIATOR!!! No damn radiators allowed on this property, what are ya, crazy or something!!

Raby - You are a freak!!

nice score man.

i drove a unimog.... not too much fun. i cant wait to see what you can do with this pinz
Jake Raby
This one is definately fun to drive.. At the present its a bit slow on the highway, but its nothing a set of taller tiires and some added ponies won't cure!
BMartin914
Did Pinzgauers origianlly have aircooled motors? What type?

I see them around here every now and again, but never really thought about their powerplants. They are hella cool looking though.

saw one on the hwy a while back doing like 45 in the right lane. I don't think he could have gone any faster if he wanted to. I don't imagine they were built for speed though. wink.gif
jasons
Guy at my work had one. Pretty F'n Cool. His wasn't the troop transport version, it had a full cab. I think it was a radio truck or something. Made in Austria by Steyr-Puch, aren't they?
Jake Raby
Yep.. 2.5 Aircooled engines in the 4X4 710M (like mine) and 2.7 aircooled in the 712M (6X6)

The newer ones are Aircooled Diesels that share engines from Deutz Allis tractors..

All pinz are aircooled to my knowledge....
hmeeder
IIRC the Pinzgauer was Arnold's vehicle of choice when he was in the Austrian Army as a lad. He even (supposedly) purchased the exact vehicle he once drove.
Jake Raby
Yep- His is a "Pinzinator"!!!
Maltese Falcon
Herr terminator's ride a few years ago @ the BH MBZ Show. I actually took a 3rd place at this totally Ferrari MBZ Lambo show in the black 6.
Nice find Jake wink.gif
Marty
Jake Raby
Yep, thats the newer 716K

Its an aircooled Diesel.
URY914
Great score Jake, I love those things.

That ain't no stinkin' SUV takin' little snotty nose kids to soccer pratice.

OVERKILL is good!!!

Paul
rhodyguy
i'll be waiting for the long 4wd burn out vid. biggrin.gif

k
Jake Raby
Paul, I can't wait till some SUV driver pisses me off- They might just find Swiss Army tire tracks over their hood!

There is no such thing as overkill!

Kevin,
this bad boy gets somuch traction I don't think it would spin the tires with 400 HP!

Last night I was looking at the layout and I'll be damned if a nice T3 Turbo wouldn't fit perfectly just before the heater box!!!! Add CIS injection and voila (and dirt cheap too)
Katmanken
Dang,

That sucker looks like a Vanagon/Thing cross breed.... biggrin.gif

Now my Vanagon doesn't look so cool anymore

KensufferingfromPinzLust
Brotherbob
mine aint aircooled but I would pull against you for pinks! biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Thats an "Osh Kosh"

I have driven one when I was in the Marines...

It has a Diesel engine that is both Turbocharged AND Supercharged!

But its not aircooled, so it may as well not even exist as far as I'm concerned!
jasons
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Sep 16 2005, 07:17 AM)

But its not aircooled, so it may as well not even exist as far as I'm concerned!

I have to ask.... Whats the hangup with air-cooled water-cooled all about?

confused24.gif
Jake Raby
I just don't particularly care for engines that need radiators to stay cool...

Callme weird, but I'm a hardcore SOB that practices what he preaches!

I hate antifreeze!
914rrr
OK, so ya wanna go aircooled, off-road and BIG, here ya go...8x8
scotty b
QUOTE (Brotherbob @ Sep 16 2005, 06:57 AM)
mine aint aircooled but I would pull against you for pinks! biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif You two should contact SPEED and run those two on an episode of PINKS! How many lengths ya want Bob? laugh.gif I've got a factory Video from Pinzgauer from the 60's or 70's, pretty funny stuff with the "soundtrack" makes me want a pair of bellbottoms. I can burn you a copy if you want Jake, just send me an engine kit in exchange wacko.gif
DrifterJay
I drive and operate the Hemmit wrecker version of that vehicle...The one pictured above is a PLS...fucking hate working on those...when one of those comes in for an engine swap or vice versa...I do my disapearing act so I dont get put on that job...lol...I prefer working on humvees and LMTVs....Jake, bitchin ride btw, lol.

smoke.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (jasons @ Sep 16 2005, 06:10 AM)
Made in Austria by Steyr-Puch, aren't they?

yepp they're

user posted image Made in Austria user posted image

smilie_pokal.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Katmanken
Jake,

I really like the looks of the one you bought as opposed to the other options. It's gonna make quite a parts hauler... take those parts right up the side of the mountain-anytime.

How about some better pics of that engine and the interior?

Mmmmm..... Army Lusterless Green.....All 5 different color coats of it..

Ken
sean_v8_914
love that video. I want one!
Pugbug
Now this is MASSIVE!

bd1308
you could put a 8L t4 in that beast

cool ride Jake.....

smile.gif
Pugbug
Another massive vehicle...My first dune buggy under it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.