Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Doc
Yea! We just finished this 914-6 GTS. biggrin.gif
We had a great time building it.
It is a 73 chassis that was in great shape with zero rust and no damage.
We installed steel GT fenders and painted it Porsche 993 Cobalt Blue Metallic. We installed 911S front suspension with the alloy brakes with SST lines and a 19mm MC. It has 21mm torsion bars with a 22mm adjustable sway bar and turbo tie rods.
The rear brakes are original 6 calipers and 180 Lb rear springs
We stuffed in a Carrera 3.2L under a GT lid with a chip, headers and a high flow air filter. It put out on our chassis dyno 199 Hp and 188 TQ.
We used a 901 gearbox with the original 6 gear ratios.
It halls butt Man! It's an "A" ticket ride! driving.gif
We put 7"and 8" x 15 Fuchs with 225s and 245s BFGs
Here is a pic.
Porsche Doc
914-6GTS
Doug Leggins
Beautiful smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
markb
Nice! clap.gif

BTW, I think you meant an "E" ticket ride. I think the A's were like Dumbo, tea cups, etc. smile.gif
Trekkor
Very cool. smilie_pokal.gif

I'm sure you meant "E-Ticket", cuz that car is nothing like the "Tea Cups" lol2.gif

Nice resto...

KT
TonyAKAVW
Wow, that sounds like a really awesome car, and looks gorgeous too!
That color is great.

Nicely done!

-Tony
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 15 2005, 11:05 PM)
Nice! clap.gif

BTW, I think you meant an "E" ticket ride. I think the A's were like Dumbo, tea cups, etc. smile.gif

That IS an E ticket ride... Very nice.

Cobalt blue is so sweet when it's all shiny. Sweet.
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif

Great, more things to wish for... now I need 12 teeners, just to get the colors I want.

M
Mugs914
Looks fantastic! Congrats on the great job! beerchug.gif
RON S.
That's a beautiful lookin car,

Great job,and we all know your gonna have some fun wit it biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Ron
mharrison
What do you mean "finished"? You can finish these cars? I thought that was a myth....
TJB/914
Porsche Doc (Don Ramsey)

I remember your post from about June/July with a few teaser pictures. Beautiful 914. I really like the look of your car. It's beautiful. If I remember correctly you also have some LE's??

How about more info about yourself & pictures of your 914's. We all love pictures.

Tom
xitspd
smilie_pokal.gif Beautiful car! Congrates. Come to the WCC06 next year in Portland....
DonTraver
Very, Very nice. Congrats. Yes they can be finished, then you just need to drive it, the best part, like going out for a cup of coffee, 200 miles away, BTDT.

Best Regards, Don
jgara962
Looks great!!! clap.gif

How about some more pictures - especially of the engine.
J P Stein
How much are you asking for it?
airsix
That looks great! THAT is my idea of a perfect dual-purpose 914 right down to the color and spring rates. Awesome. Nice work.

-Ben M.
914werke
Sweet!!!!! clap.gif
SOT why dont more folks go for 16"x 7" or 8"s on the Fuchs when flareing thier cars, it would seem that there is an advantage in the rubber available? confused24.gif
ewdysar
As far as 16's go, there's not many more options there either. 255/50 or 265/45's are about the most rubber that you can get any more. You got to have at least 17's to get into choices any more... dry.gif

Eric
9146R
Another fan of cobalt blue here ! Very nice project - kudos to you on a job well done. Now go find some twisties to have fun in.

Greg rolleyes.gif
*kennyd*914
That is really a sharp looking ride!
As mine looks closer to a "before" picture by comparison, what did she look like in the beginning?

Let me feel good about mine.... pray.gif

ken
Porsche Doc
WoW! Thanks guys!
It really is fun to drive. You can drive it easy or you can kick it and then it flies.
I am very lucky to have a job that I get to do something I love to do.
I don't get to keep them. But I love building them.
I have mine, the one I'm gonna keep started now but it will be awhile till its done. Its a 71 914-6 # 430 it's gonna get all the cool stuff.
I am gonna drive it for a few weeks to make shure there's no bug in it and then sell it.
OK "E" ticket its been a long time since I have been to Disney world.

Porsche Doc
more
Porsche Doc
more
Porsche Doc
I will have to take some pics of the engine with the lid up here soon!
sixnotfour
How much are you asking for it?

Give Us a $$$$ range at least, Do you take trades laugh.gif
Porsche Doc
before
MoveQik
Ok......ok....how much?

Looks great, by the way.
Porsche Doc
30 ish
I will trade for paper with pictures of dead Inventors and Presidents.$$ biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Beautiful car! If you want, I believe that MSDS has a rear valance with flared ends to finish off the rear. When I converted mine, it started to bother me to have the muffler hanging out so far on a street car, so I got his valance and it fit beautifully.
9146R
Agree with previous post - rear valence cleans up the view for those trying to catch you.

greg
Porsche Doc
QUOTE (GeorgeRud @ Sep 16 2005, 11:54 PM)
Beautiful car! If you want, I believe that MSDS has a rear valance with flared ends to finish off the rear. When I converted mine, it started to bother me to have the muffler hanging out so far on a street car, so I got his valance and it fit beautifully.

I agree George & Greg.
George, Who is MSDS? Thats why I didn't do it. I didn't think any one was making the flared ones.
Do they make one the same depth of the org. 6's.
And I might change the muffler. I think this muffler is TO QUITE. I may put a sport muffler on it.

Hey mharrison!
You know YOUR RIGHT there NEVER finished! beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
That'd be www.msdsinc.com, Marty is the guy and he is here on the list as "Maltese Falcon"
Eric_Shea
Fuching Resplendent...

Please take the tits off the front! biggrin.gif
Brett W
Beautiful car. Tits are for women not 914s.
Porsche Doc
OK! OK!
I'll take the titts OFF.
Now I gota do to the hardware store and get some crome hole plugs for kitchen applances.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.